Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Transforming Your Morning Challenge & Balance

Last night, I decided to try out Erika’s 30-Day Transforming Your Morning Challenge.  People get so wrapped up in the hustle and bustle of life that they forget to take a moment to be thankful, zoned, and appreciative.  Erika is asking her readers to do one of four things when they wake up in the morning:

1. Write one thing down that you are grateful for. You could write this down in a journal or diary.

2. Read something inspiring, such as a quote or daily devotional.

3. Have a mantra/positive affirmations for the day.

4. Meditate or pray.

I originally read the post wrong, and actually did all four things this morning.  Here is my breakdown from Day 1:

1.  I am grateful for Nick and all the support, love, and kindness he shows me on a daily basis.

2.  “It took more than a day to put it on.  It will take more than a day to take it off.  Move.”

I can get easily discouraged if I do not have weight loss every week, or go over my calories, or just plain eat shitty all day.  I need to realize that the extra poundage I have put on since high school isn't going to magically fall off.  I am not going to wake up one morning and miraculously be 130 pounds.  It will take time, and I have to work for it, but one day, I will be 100% comfortable in my own skin.

3.  FOCUS

I have been distracted lately.  Distracted at work.  Distracted from my fitness goals.  Distracted from my friends.  Each time I feel distractions coming on when I need to get something accomplished, I will just repeat, FOCUS.

4.  I am neither religious nor spiritual so I opted to meditate.  When I arrived at work, I sat at my desk for a few minutes with my eyes closed, and I focused on my breathing for a couple minutes.  I imagined I could see the oxygen flowing through my body from my lungs out to the tips of my limbs and back out again.  When I opened my eyes, I felts so calm, peaceful, relaxed, and re-energized.
 
I wrote all of this down in a little notebook, and as a little extra motivation for the day, I taped in this picture


She just looks so focused and peaceful.  I feel that this picture really fits in with my theme today.

If you need a little help finding some balance in your life, check out Erika’s full post on the Challenge.  Better yet, just check out Erika's blog in general.  She is gorgeous, a super badass runner, a mega badass cop, and soon to be first time mommy.  I aspire to be as awesome as her someday.

Speaking of balance, I also saw this on Sara’s Facebook page today. 


Sara blogs over at Eat. Feel. Fresh. and shares a TON of health advice and recipes.  She is a Certified Raw Nutritionist so she knows what she’s talking about.  Sara only posts on her blog a few times a month, but you can also follow her on Facebook which she updates daily.  

What are you tips and tricks to finding focus and balance?

No comments:

Post a Comment