Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Vacation & Weigh-In

Hello!  Last week, I had a glorious week of vacation on a lake.  There was sunshine, beer, fishing, wine tastings, kayaking, campfires, Bloody Marys, afternoon naps, lots of reading, and tons of relaxation.  It was absolute perfection, and just what I needed!

Here are a few pictures from vacation.
The start of vacation, sampling ALL of the beer at the Grumpy Troll.
I've already had all of these before...I just really like GT beer!
One of the MANY fish my stepdad caught right off the dock.
Bitchin picture of the lake that I took.
No filter.  For serious.
Yummy kabobs that Nick and I made for my parents while on vacation.
Our vacation pets :) Buffy & Lola
Momma & I enjoying a nice cold one while at the lake.
We took this picture, and sent it to Nick while he was at work :)
Kayaking for the first time.
I need to work on upper body strength!
Campfires at the lake.
Many Bloody Marys and lots of other alcohol were consumed during vacation...
This is what I've been up to since being home.

Beer tasting at the New Glarus Brewery.
We only live about 7 miles from NG, and it's my hometown
 so we've been here many, many times.
Botham Winery for wine tasting with Elly.
New Glarus Brewery
Now that I am back to reality, I am trying to get back into a routine.  As you can see from my pictures, a lot of alcohol has been consumed lately.  Guess what that means?  This girl hasn't been working out and is super puffy, bloated, and tubby.  

Sunday, I finally faced the music and stepped on the scale, it was scary.

179.9

Luckily, a tiny bit of that weight was shed by drinking lots of water to flush my system, and cleaning up my diet.  For my official Wednesday Weigh-In I am at

177.2

Better, but still not good.

Time to start over, again.


Those are some pretty simple words, and a basic concept, but damn, I suck at it!

No more quitting!

A miracle occurred, and I actually got up early enough to go for a run this morning!  I only went 1.5 miles, but it was still tough because I'm SO out of shape!  The only way I am going to get back in shape is if I keep pushing myself and doing things that are tough.

I will not quit.

I will not start over.

Je suis prest: I am ready.
(Clan Fraser motto...Outlander, anybody?

3 comments:

  1. OMG that vacation is absolute perfection! Glad you had such a wonderful and relaxing week! But you're right, now it's back to reality! Great loss so far of getting the booze and bloat out but here's to many more losses! (I could totes dive head first into all that beer right now! Been a crazy morning!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great vacation! Sometimes it's good to take a break just for you and then you can get back into the groove of things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vacations and 'events' (like a day out wine tasting, or music in the park with take out and cocktails) are so hard to balance with a clean diet. I feel like a eat clean for 5 days so I can splurge on the weekend and I end up with an overall wash. Weight loss is SO hard to balance with fun (which for me also equals drinking).
    Good luck getting back on track :)

    ReplyDelete