Monday, August 4, 2014

Sucking It In or Sucking It Up

I have been sucking at life lately.  

I still haven't really been working out.  

I have been eating like calories don't count...lemme tell you, judging by how tight ALL of my clothes are, they do fucking count.  

I haven't been cleaning our house.  I haven't given the dogs baths, in months.  I haven't been reading.  I haven't been grocery shopping.  I haven't been tracking anything on MFP.  I haven't been running.  I haven't been blogging.

What have I been doing lately?

I have been sucking it in.

I am legit such a porkchop right now, that I walk around all day with my stomach sucked in so that nobody can see just how much havoc my laziness has been wreaking on my body. 

I'm tired of sucking it in, so it's time to suck it up.

It's summertime, and I really, really, like reallyreallyreally, really like beer and wine. But, it's time to get my shit together and stop reliving the glory days of college.  My waist line, and probably my liver, cannot handle it anymore.  Time to suck it up, and lay of the booze.

This leads to goal #1 for this week, no alcohol during the week!

To start getting my healthy lifestyle back on track, I have a few other goals.

#2  Track everything on MFP

#3  Start half marathon training, and run at least 3 times.
If I get it together, and start running consistently, I will run a half marathon on November 8, 2014.  That gives me 14 weeks to train.  I have a 12 week training plan so this week, and next week, will just be weeks to ease back into running.

#4  Strength train at least 2 times.

With that, I bid you adieu with this picture of my goofy dogs.


1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on the alcohol. I need to stop it during the week too and maybe just see if I can get down to only beer on 1 day per week and then no more than 3 on that one day. (I need to mentally make a note to try to do that for the whole month).
    MFP, I pre log a lot of times and I need to remember and actually submit it at the end of the day, so I need to also do better with that.

    And water too. OMG, I'm trying to do better with that starting today and I've had to make 4 trips to the bathroom already today. Good.. I think. (And I guess it's good since everytime I go it also adds to my steps too LOL)

    ReplyDelete