Thursday, August 7, 2014

NSVs and a Beer Run

It has been quite some time since I have had any non-scale victories.

Sometimes, we focus too much on that number on the scale during our health journeys, that we forget about the important little things that are making us healthy.  

For instance, you chose water over a Coke at lunch?  That is awesome! Go you! Celebrate that shit!

That is one small, but important step, in the overall process of becoming healthy.

My first NSV this week this just that fact that I have finally got back into a routine, and have a plan in place. 

 I have started running again, begun a strength training program, and have started making meal plans.  If I have a plan in place, I am much more likely to success.  I need structure, and notes, and a schedule.  If I don't have these things, I tend to binge, don't consider calories, and don't exercise.

My other NSV is that I registered to run a half marathon!



I signed up for the Tyranena Beer Run "Half Barrel".  For a girl that loves beer, a beer themed half is perfect! 

Besides the Half Barrel, there is also a Quarter Barrel (4.37 miles) run at this event.  A few of my friends are signed up for the Quarter Barrel, and Nick and one other friend also signed up for the Half.  It takes place on November 8 so I have 13.5 weeks to train...eek!  

I can do it!! 

Link up with KTJ to share you non-scale victories!


button

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow now that's my kind of run too! Love that they are calling it a Half Barrel, Quarter, etc. :) Too fun! I'd totally run for copious amounts of beer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome!!! I can't imagine running that much :) Great job on all the planning. I need to get better in that area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I started running, 3 years ago, I couldn't even go a mile non-stop. Now, I have ran 3 half marathons, and am now training for my 4th. If you slowly work at it, and dedicate yourself, anything is possible! :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Awesome job on your NSV's, they are awesome as! We have to celebrate all the small things as small changes lead to big changes!

    Meal planning is awesome too, I am on a plan where I get a meal plan and an exercise plan and it really does help! And weekends, we have to do the best we can! I am learning to say no lol, it is hard work!

    And awesome job on signing up for the run - you can do it!

    ReplyDelete