Monday, August 11, 2014

Weekend Reset, Meals & Goals

Why do weekends have to be so fun and derail all of my health plans?!

After another wonderful weekend of partaking in many libations, it is time to reset.  

I am guzzling water like it is going out of style to help eliminate alcohol and crappy food induced bloat, and eating as well as possible with what we still have in the house before I grocery shop tonight.

I am hoping that if I am strict with my diet and drink lots of water, my Wednesday weigh-in won't be a total disaster.  The rest of the week will be strictly meal planned also. The weekend will be a little sketchy once again because I have a bachlorette party...

Today, I have consumed/will be consuming:

Breakfast
Smoothie
1 C unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 Scoop Sun Warrior chocolate protein powder
1 C blueberries
1/2 C strawberries
1/2 banana

Snack
1 lite string cheese
20ish baby carrots
1 T hummus

Lunch
2 leftover grilled ribs with bbq sauce
10 pretzel thins

Snack
Smoothie
1 C unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/2 C blueberries
1/2 C strawberries
1/2 banana

Dinner
BLT
roasted carrots and zucchini

Dinners for the rest of the week will include:

Chicken sausage and veggie stir-fry
Steak and baked sweet potatoes
Chicken pesto bake with whole wheat pasta
Oven roasted ratatouille 

When it comes to meal planning, I decide on dinners for the week, and then I make enough so that Nick and I have can leftovers for the lunch the next day.  Then I just need to think about snacks.  My go-tos are Greek yogurt with fresh berries, lite string cheese, and vegetables with hummus. 

Besides meal planning this week, I have also scheduled all of my workout.  I unfortunately left my planner at home this morning, so I don't have my plan with me as I type this post.  Off the top of my head though, I at least remember what I have planned for today.  Crossing training and strength training.  

I will be taking the dogs for a nice long walk, and I will either do a workout video or play Just Dance on the Wii because that dancing shit makes me super sweaty and gets my heart rate up.  As for strength, I am on Phase 1 Week 2 of Jamie Eason's LiveFit plan, and today is chest and triceps.

On a final note, let's talk about some goals.

Last week, I had 4 goals.

#1 No beer during the week
Eh, I did alright.  I did have a beer Wednesday after work, and two glasses of wine with a friend on Friday night...Friday is technically the weekend though, right...?

#2 Track everything on MFP
I was doing awesome until Friday afternoon, and then I completely derailed.

#3 Run at least 3 times.
I ran twice. 1.5 miles each. Not so bad.

#4 Strength train twice.
Check!  I actually got 3 different sessions in!

This week's goals.

#1 Four strength training sessions

#2  No candy

#3 Log at least 20 miles between walking and running

What are YOUR goals this week?



1 comment:

  1. Ahh yea, back on track here too. We ate out way way too much this weekend with all the house chaos that we're dealing with, being in the kitchen was just too much to handle this week. I did ok but not great and yea, I totally bailed on my "only one day of beer per week challenge". Um, Friday Saturday and Sunday. I'm worried about the scale on Wednesday too. I hope I didn't do too much damage. I did get a good bit of exercise/burn in on Saturday though.

    ReplyDelete