Thursday, September 18, 2014

I'm back! Again!

I apologize, once again, for my long absence.

Life got a little crazy the last few weeks, and I just had to step back from blogging.

Some of the craziness included:  being super busy at work, and not having time to write; my brother calling off his wedding; my brother and 9 year old nephew moving in with us; wedding preparation activities for my friend Heidi's wedding that is in 3 weeks, and....



I'm engaged!!!!!!

Nick proposed over Labor Day weekend, and we have already been very busy with wedding plans. 

 We have chosen 6/6/15 as our date so we really need to be on top of things.  

Our ceremony site and reception venue are already booked, we have decided on half of our menu so far, our bridal party has been chosen and asked, colors have been decided and decor planning is in process, I am meeting with a potential photographer next week, and I have an appointment to try on bridal gowns on Oct 3.  

I think we're doing pretty awesome so far!

Not only has blogging taken a backseat over the past few weeks, so has fitness.

I have finally started getting back into a routine this week though.  

My neighbor, that has a two month old, wants to get back into shape, so we have become workout buddies.  

We made a workout schedule that goes like this:  Monday - Insanity DVD; Tuesday - Running & Abs; Wednesday - Barre DVD; Thursday - Running & Abs; Friday - Yoga to stretch it all out; Saturday & Sunday - on our own to do our own things.

We unfortunately didn't do anything on Tuesday because I ended up going to a bridal show after work, and got home late.  Monday, we did do Insanity and last night was Barre.  My body hurts, but it's such a good hurt!!

I have also been reading through Chris Powell's Choose to Lose book, and I will start carb cycling next week.

I am beyond excited to be back...back to blogging, and back into a fitness routine.  

I am also super excited to share some of my wedding planning details with my blogging family!

5 comments:

  1. YAY!!! That ring is gorgeous! Congratulations (again!) And great job getting back in the fitness routine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeee! Congrats! You are on top of the planning, too! I am getting married in March of 15, so I'll have fun following you and your planning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such an exciting time! Good luck with your planning!

      Delete
  3. that's awesome that you are getting straight back on track in the midst of what sounds like frantic wedding planning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not quite frantic yet, but I'm sure it will be eventually! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete