Monday, September 9, 2013

Goals

button


It has been forever and a day since I have accomplished any goals, let alone create some.  It is now time to get back in the saddle, and create goals to work towards.

1.  Hydration - Drink at least 100oz of water a day (I will admit, I totally copied this goal from our lovely hostess, Carolyn).  My water intake has been sub-par for a while, time to turn that around.

2.  Run at least 3 times this week - I have yet to write a race recap, but I ran a half marathon on August 17, 2013.  I didn't train very well for it, so it was rough, to say the least.  From my lack of training, and not having my body up to par for running 13.1 miles, I developed  stress fracture in my foot.  This led to a sharp, shooting pain that went from my side of my foot, and up in the my ankle, each time I stepped down on my left foot.  I could barely walk, let alone run. After taking 3 weeks off from running, and icing and compressing like crazy, I am finally ready to get back into my running groove.

3.  Go to the gym at least 4 times this week - My gym manager usually deducts my membership fee from my account on the 5th of each month.  Well, I'm not sure if it was an error, or he noticed my severe lack of attendance, but I was never charged for the month of August, and have yet to be charged for September... I live in a tiny town of about 2,000 people, and probably only about 5% of the population uses this gym, so it's easy to notice if people stop coming.  Either way, the fact that I have not been to the gym in well over a month, is not cool.

Overall, this week is about activity and hydration.  I am ready to get back into a fitness routine.  My body has felt all out of whack for weeks, and me no likey!

Happy goal making, everyone!

Oh, and my badass friend, Angela, officially became an Iron(wo)man around 11pm last night!!  After working her booty off for 15 hours 40 minutes and 39 continuous seconds, she made one of her dreams come true.  I so glad I was able to watch and cheer her one! I am so proud of you, Angela!


 

1 comment:

  1. Oh nooo! I'm so sorry to hear about your stress fracture!! I'm glad you're starting to feel better though! I'm definitely already antsy to do activity again after my first half (yesterday!), but my dad, who has done many halves, told me to wait at least a few days. Better safe than sorry. Good luck with your goals this week, you definitely got this! Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete