Thursday, September 12, 2013

Throw-back Thursday - Prom Style

Today, I am participating in another new-to-me linkup. I love finding all these linkups that lead me to other awesome blogs.  The linkup today is Throw-back Thursdays hosted by Amy at The Story of Us.

button

This week's throw-back is high school dances. The only dance I have access to pictures of right now is my junior prom.  At my high school, we had junior prom, not senior prom.  And at that, junior prom only.  My graduating class only has 48 people...and two of them were foreign exchange students... so...kind of a small school.  We couldn't be having school dances whenever our little hearts felt like it! 

Anyway, junior year was all about prom.  Prom was in May so you had basically the entire school year to find the perfect dress.  The rich kid's parents took them to crazy places, like 3 hours away to Chicago, to buy their dresses.  The rest of us, we herded to the mall, or the local bridal boutique which also carried prom dresses.

My bff, Anna, whom is still my bff, actually worked at the bridal boutique during high school.  Since she worked there, she was kind of obligated to buy her dress there.  Being as I was her best friend, and visited her at work all the time, and knew the owner, I was also obligated.  And being best friends, we of course bought matches dresses...yeah, matching.  Same dress, just different colors...


You cannot tell very well in the picture, but my dress is in fact hot pink, not red.  I was a huge jock/tom boy in high school, and I did not own one single piece of pink clothing.  For some reason though, I bought I hot pink prom dress.

Why did we think matching dresses was a good idea? Besides the obvious bff factor, that is. Maybe we were going for the Sleeping Beauty theme where her fairy godmothers keep changing her dress from pink to blue? Anna and I are still trying to figure that out, but it does make for a great, cheesy bff story.  Maybe some day, our daughters will wear matching prom dresses too.  Or, more likely, maybe we will talk our daughters out of buying matching prom dresses.



Group photo of ALL the girls I graduated with the next year.  With the exception of the 2 exchange students.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment