Monday, December 30, 2013

The Good. The Bad. The Ugly.

Hey.  Remember me?  

That girl who used to blog about running.  

That girl who fell of the face of the Earth for quite some time, again... 

Well, I'm back, again.  Hopefully for a while this time.  

To reintroduce myself to the blogging world again, for the millionth time, I'm going to sum things up by using the good, the bad, and the ugly.

The Good.
I have had a GREAT holiday season.  Most of my time was spent with family, or just relaxing at home.  It has been heavenly, and I am already dreading going back to work on Thursday.  (Nick and) I got a lot of awesome gifts for Christmas including a king-sized bed, fleece Badger blanket, signs for our bar, Dyson vacuum, Just Dance 2014, and a beautiful charm bracelet my mom made for me.  

I have amazing friends, and an awesome family, not only because of their thoughtful gifts, but because they are great people.  Just being with my peeps gives me a warm fuzzy feeling, and I am SO grateful to have such wonderful people in my life.  The holiday season gives me an extra reminder of how truly blessed I am.

The Bad.
Working out and eating healthy are distant memories.  To say I have overeaten, and have been a lazy ass, is a huge understatement.  I have worked out zero times since my last post, and have gorged myself with delicious food.  Do I regret it? Absolutely not.  Do I feel guilty?  Yes.  Am I going to wallow in sorrow for being a bit of fatty over the holidays?  Hell no. Am I over it, and ready to kick 2014's ass?  Fuck. Yes.

The Ugly.
After avoiding the scale for weeks, I stepped onto that bitch this morning. 
176.4
Less than 10 lbs from my highest weight ever.

2014 is upon us.  I am ready to start a new chapter in my life.  I will no longer make excuses.  The time is now.  I vow to start working my ass off, literally, to have the healthy lifestyle I have been lusting after for years.

Happy Holidays, my friends.  I cannot wait to see what 2014 brings all of us!   

No comments:

Post a Comment