Monday, April 28, 2014

Eye Openers

Long time, no blogging.

Typical Ashley blog cycle.

I'm back, again.  Hopefully to stay for a loooong time.

I've had a couple eye openers (taking 57:20 to run a 5 mile race that took me less than 50:00 last year, and looking like a jet-puffed marshmallow in pictures) very recently that have made me realize I really need to get my ass going on this health journey.  I've been yo-yoing for years by saying I am committing myself to a healthy lifestyle, working out like a boss for a bit, losing a couple pounds, and then getting lazy and eating my weight in candy and gaining all those pounds back.

I am ready to break the cycle.

I started chatting with a Beachbody coach that I happened to go to high school with, and am friends with on Facebook.  We've been discussing various Beachbody programs, and I think we have decided that 21-Day Fix is a good starting point for me.  This program has a well structured nutrition program that will help me get my eating under control.  According the my new coach, the workouts will kick my booty, but are highly effective.

Beside starting the 21 Day Fix, I will continue with my running.  I still have a half marathon to run in four weeks...yikes...that I haven't been training for.  Based on how my 5 mile race went this past Saturday, the half marathon is going to be ugly, but I'm still going to tough it out, and do it.

I've contemplated finding someone to run in my place so my registration won't be wasted, but I don't want to be a quitter.  This will be my 3rd year running this half, and I plan to continue running it each year, so I don't want to miss a year.  I may have to walk a lot, but I can still complete the race even if it takes me longer than I want.  I still have four weeks.  I just need to get my head in the game and power through.

I'm a numbers girl.  I like seeing mile times, calorie counts, graphs that track weight loss, number of steps, etc.  Since numbers like this help motivate me, I have also been looking into getting a Fitbit.

Does anyone have a Fitbit?  Do you love it?  Anything you don't like about it?

Is anyone doing/has anyone done the 21 Day Fix?  Thoughts?

I would love to hear your input!!



2 comments:

  1. Oh boy! I half ass trained for my second half marathon, but it went very smoothly. You never know! Think happy thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh good luck with it all! I know you can do it! I had a fitbit flex and I LOVED it, but..... alas it broke and now I'm without. But when I had it, I wore it religiously and loved the stats!

    ReplyDelete