Thursday, April 3, 2014

What I Ate Wednesday

I am linking up with Peas & Crayons for What I Ate Wednesday, a day late, to share two meals that I find freakishly delicious.  Like, so good, I can't even handle it!

Exhibit A: Oatmeal

But not just any old oatmeal.  

I've been eating this self-made up concoction every morning for breakfast for about 3 weeks now.  I tend to get bored getting the same old thing, but this is so good that I cannot stop.  

Usually, oatmeal does NOT keep me full.  I read about all these people that loooove oatmeal because it keeps me full for hours.  Previously, when I had oatmeal, I would be hungry like 5 minutes later.  After some thought though, I decided to bulk up my oatmeal with some protein, and now it really does keep me full for hours!

Here is how I make my very filling! breakfast:

Mix 1/4 C oats & 1/2 C water: heat on high in microwave for 1:00-1:30 minutes.
Once out of microwave, add 1/2T almond butter, 2-3 dates (chopped), and 1/4C plain Greek yogurt.
Stir until almond butter & yogurt is mixed throughout.
Top with 1/4C almond milk.
ENJOY!

Sweet, filling, satisfying, easy, and delicious!

Here are the products/brands that I use. 
(Yumbutter creators are from Madison,WI! Represent!)



Exhibit B: Chicken Sausage & Veggie Stir Fry

I found this little gem on Pinterest via a blog post on Zahlmann Zoo Crew which has actually moved to Fab and Fit for LIFE.  (Just wanna give credit where credit is due!)  I didn't follow their exact recipe, but it was my inspiration.

This is what Nick and I had for dinner last night, and I have leftovers for lunch today.  It. Is. Delicious!!  

What we created last night contained bite sized pieces of:

1 medium sized head of broccoli 
1 zucchini
1 yellow onion
8 mushrooms
8 mini sweet tri color peppers
1C pineapple
1 Golden Delicious apple
1 package of smoked apple & gouda chicken sausage
Brand we used. 4 pack for $3.99.
AND

1T extra virgin olive oil
3 pressed cloves of garlic
Dash of Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime season
Dash of Lowry's seasoning salt

Here is how we created this mouthwatering beauty:

Heat large skillet, and I do mean large, over medium heat.
Once skillet is warm, add olive oil & allow to warm 1-2 minutes
Add pressed garlic and saute in oil until it becomes fragrant
Dump all veggies, fruit, and sausage into pan
Stir to coat with oil 
Let cook for 10ish minutes, stirring occasionly
Add Mrs. Dash & Lowry's to taste, and mix well
Put lid on pan & allow to cook/steam 5 more minutes
Serve and enjoy!

I highly recommend trying out both of these recipes.  If you do, stop back and let me know how you liked them!  I would love to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment