Wednesday, April 30, 2014

WIW

Before I took my latest blogging hiatus (poet?), I embarked on No-Weighpril.  I decided I was going to break up with the scale, and my blog apparently, and not weigh myself for the entire month of April.  I was also going to workout a shit ton, eat the healthiest foods ever, and lose 8 pounds.

Well, guess what?

That didn't happen.

I stepped on the scale for the first time in 4 weeks, and I fricken gained weight.  

177.2

I'm not surprised, but I am disappointed.  In no way am I disappointed with gaining the weight because I deserved it for being lazy and eating like crap, but I am disappointed for not following through.  Disappointed for making goals, but not completing them. 

Time to get over it, and get on with it.  As the lovely Iva said to me on Monday, think happy thoughts!  Instead of getting down on myself, I'm going to be positive and turn things around! 

After work, I'm headed to the grocery store to stock up on deliciously healthy foods.  Once I get home, it's out the door for a 4 mile run.  I think I'll even get Nick to join me.

Happy Wednesday!

7 comments:

  1. Sorry about the gain, but you seem to be back on track and on plan now, I have no doubt that May will be the month that you kick it into high gear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know...losing weight is freaking hard! If it was easy everyone would be 120 pounds. Hang in there and focus on the positive!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for staying positive! I didn't weigh myself for the last couple of weeks because I felt the same way about that darn scale... but, I'm thinking it's a necessary evil to give me a reality check (I gained, too). Here's to making it a great week going forward!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. It ended up just being an excuse to slack off. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Good luck moving forward. As much as the scale sucks, if I don't weight in at least once a week, for me personally it is easy for me to have my weight shift upwards when not supervised.

    http://whatadventuresawait.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about the gain! Good luck getting past it!

    aintnodramamama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now you seem more motivated than ever to lose weight. Sorry about the gain, but you are re-focused and ready to go. You will do great!

    ReplyDelete