Thursday, May 1, 2014

May Goals

How is it May already?!

This is what my month of May looks like, non-work-wise.

5/2 - Nick & I are being classy and going to the symphony!
5/3 - Wedding in Iowa
5/9 - I get my wisdom teeth out
5/10 - Baby shower for my brother & his girlfriend (if my mouth doesn't hurt too much)
5/11 -  Mother's Day which means helping my mom plant flowers at her house
5/16-5-20 - I'm off to New Jersey to visit my BFF!
5/24 - I'm hosting a family baby shower/cookout for my brother
5/25 - MADISON HALF MARATHON!
5/31 - Wedding in La Crosse

Whew!  It's going to be a busy month!

Despite being busy, I have high hopes that May will be the month that I really kick-start a healthy lifestyle.  

I started the month off right by going for a run this morning.  I haven't uploaded the run info from my Garmin yet, so I don't have the stats to share.  The run was just over 2 miles though in roughly 21 minutes.  Not going to lie, it was a shitty run.  It was cold and drizzling and I was tired after just a few minutes.  I'm glad I got my butt out there and did it though!!!  I also walked the dogs for a 10 minutes cool-down walk to get in 30 minutes of activity. 

Since I have such a great feeling about May, I am going to set a few goals I would like to accomplish this month.

1.  Track my food.  Every. Damn. Day.

I have really sucked at tracking lately.  By not tracking, I just give myself excuses of being able to eat more.  If I don't know how many calories something is, it can hurt me, right...?  NOT.

2.  Get out of the 170's! 

No goal weight in mind.  I just don't want to see the 70's on the scale anymore.  That means I'll need to drop 7.2lbs.  Totes doable. 

3.  At least 30 minutes of activity each day. 

Seriously.  Each and every day.  It can be anything from running to biking to walking to strength training.  I just need to be active for a mere 30 minutes each day.

Boom!

There you have it, folks.  That's my month of May.

Do you have anything exciting planned this month?



No comments:

Post a Comment