Wednesday, May 7, 2014

WIW



Do you know what happens when you get off your ass, exercise, and eat well?

You lose weight!

Apparently, I'm a little slow to catch onto this.  I'm not saying losing weight is easy because it's not.  It is a constant struggle of trying to make the right choices and fighting temptation.

This week though, I have finally started to get my shit together.  I've been working out, and eating quite well, and guess what?  I lost over 2 pounds!  Woohoo!

Last week I was at 177.2 and this week I weighed in at 174.8.

That's 2.4 pounds in one week!  Something has finally clicked for me, and I couldn't be happier.

If I continue anywhere near this rate, I'll blow my May goal of getting out of the 170's right out of the water.

My weekly goals are also going really well.  I'm at 8.38/25 miles for the week from just Monday & Tuesday.  
Monday night, Nick & I took the dogs for a 4.13 mile walk around town.  Last night, I got him to go for a 3.22 mile run with me followed by a 1.03 mile cool-down walk with the dogs.

I have been tracking everything I eat this week too, but strength training has been lacking.  

Tonight, I plan on going through an arm routine.  I will also be going to my first ever Zumba class with my sister-in-law.  Just Dance for the Wii is my all-time favorite game.  I may be awful at dancing, but at least I have a lot of fun doing it.  Zumba can't be that much different from those dances, right?  

3 comments:

  1. Zumba is a lot of fun...congrats on the loss this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great loss! Exercise really makes a huge difference!

    aintnodramamama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic loss this week! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete