Thursday, May 8, 2014

Non-Scale Victories

Hello, lovelies!

button

It has been quite some time since I have had any non-scale victories.  Finally, I have a few so I am linking up with the awesome KTJ to share.

Numero uno

I have hardly had any sweets this week.

For me, this is a miracle!  My sweet tooth is out of control, but this week I have finally managed to overpower it.  Often, I get in the bad habit of buying a candy bar everyday at work.  Every. Single. Day.  But this week, I have only bought one, and it was a York Peppermint Patty with only 140 calories :)

Numero dos

Last night, I tried a new workout.

I went to Zumba with my aunt and sister-in-law.  I'm a tall white girl so dancing in not my forte.  Actually, I've absolutely awful at it.  As it got closer and closer to class time, I started trying to come up with excuses not to go.  I didn't want to bail on my peeps though, so I stuck it out and went.  Guess what?  I had a blast!  Even though I was way off on the moves, and probably looked ridiculous, it was a ton of fun.  As long as we can fit it, we'll be going back next week.

Numero tres

I know these are supposed to be non-scale victories, but the scale is still going to be brought up in this one.

 Despite Aunt Flow visiting this week, I managed to have an awesome loss.  Usually, I gain on this week, and/or use Flow as an excuse to pig out.  Instead of using excuses, I stuck to eating healthy foods and made sure to workout.  My dedication definitely paid off!

This has been such a phenomenal week for me thus far.  Tomorrow, I have to get my wisdom teeth out.  I need to be careful that a soft-food diet and potential pain/discomfort doesn't lead me back down the path to laziness!

I also need to make sure I get a run in tonight since I'm probably not going to want to do much tomorrow after my surgery.  After a couple more walks with the dogs, I am now at 11.58 of my 25 mile challenge this week so I need to get my booty going!

1 comment:

  1. Wow what an amazing week for sure! Excellent NSV's and a SV too! Hope the Wisdom teeth surgery goes well and you are back on track as soon as you can be.

    ReplyDelete