Friday, November 14, 2014

Currently...

I feel like blogging today, but don't have too much to say, so I'm borrowing some "currently" prompts from Bless This Mess 

If you have never visited Melissa at Bless This Mess, I recommend that you do!  She has an awesome blog where she shares wonderful recipes and stories about her adorable family.  Visit her now! 

Without further ado, my "currently".

Thinking...Autumn Calabrese, the brains behind 21 Day Fix, is wicked.  
Wickedly awesome.  Wickedly evil.  
Her program is so doable, but so killer at the same time.  
When I am doing the workout videos, I think to myself, "hey, this isn't so bad."  I feel great throughout the entire workout, and then BAM, the next day, I'm hella sore. 
 So sore I don't want to get out of bed.  
Even though I'm in pain, and my legs were so sore last night from my Wednesday session with Autumn that I didn't want to put the effort into taking off my workout pants, that I just slept in them, it's a wonderful kind of sore.  
It's the kind of sore that lets me know I'm making progress.  
It's the kind of sore that lets me know I'm going to see awesome results!

Feeling...If you didn't read thinking above, this is going to come as a shock, SORE.  
Last night was upper body so my arms are feeling it today.  I may have to sleep in this shirt I wore to work just to avoid lifting my arms over my head ;)

Watching...Little snow flurries drift past my office window.  I'm a Wisconsin girl, born and raised, bring on the snow, Mother Nature!

Reading...Way too many things at one time.

Lirael by Garth Nix - This is the second book in a UA trilogy that I've read before, but it's so awesome that I'm reading it again.  If you like Harry Potter, and/or the undead, you'll like it too.  The first book is Sabriel and the final book is Abhorsen.  

Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon - The fourth book of the Outlander series.  If you don't know what Outlander is, of who Jamie and Claire are, we can't be friends.  For serious.

King Arthur by Norma Goodrich - I like history.  I am fascinated by mythical/mysterious history.  It doesn't get more mythical than King Arthur.

The Monuments Men by Robert Edsel - Once again, I like history.  I really like art history.  Fascinating read that gives another perspective on WWII.  I bet you've never really thought about artistic masterpieces and how they're protected, or not, during wartime.  Am I right?

The Two Towers by J.R.R. Tolkien - I'm actually listening to this one on CD.  I don't like all the talking, commercials, and repeated songs on the radio, so I listen to books on tape while I drive.

Excited...for the weekend!  Tonight, one of my bridesmaids is coming over for dinner, and wine.  Lots of wine.
Saturday, my matron of honor and I are going bridesmaid dress shopping.  I also get to see my wedding dress again :) so we can compare some colors.  
Sunday, I am meeting a friend I haven't seen in months, for lunch, at my favorite restaurant, The Grumpy Troll.  
Surprisingly, I am also excited for the weekend so I can go running.  
I really dislike running in the dark, and it's dark when I wake up, and dark when I get home from work, so I'm saving my runs for the weekend/days off for the next couple months.  I'm doing 3 miles on Saturday, and 5 on Sunday.

Missing...The longer daylight hours of summer!  I can handle the cold and snow, but I hate that it seems like it's ALWAYS dark!

Working...not very hard, since I'm blogging at work...oops.

Stressed...about our current roommate situation.  My brother, his girlfriend, and my 9-year-old nephew have been living with us since the beginning of September.  They actually moved in the weekend Nick proposed to me so we never really got to enjoy/celebrate our engagement...I love my family, but it's beginning to take its toll.  They should be moving out in the next two weeks, and it can't happen soon enough!

Proud...of Nick for finishing his first half marathon last weekend!  
I didn't mention it in my last post, but Nick also did the Tyranena Beer Run Half Marathon.  
He also didn't really train...but he finished about 5 minutes ahead of me!  Yahoo!  
He hated every minute of it, and says he's never doing one again. LOL!

Wanting...Christmas Break to be here.  I work at a college, and the staff is lucky enough to get a portion of winter break off too.  I'm off from December 24 through January 4, and it's paid holiday time!!

Wishing...I could bring my dogs to work.

Eating...a banana.  Half of which I just dropped on the floor.  Sad face.

Drinking...water and coffee.

Loving...Everything today!  I'm in an extremely good mood :)

Happy weekend, my peeps!

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha I love that you were blogging at work! I wish I had dogs in the first place! Ill stick with horse and a chicken for now ;)

    ReplyDelete