Wednesday, November 12, 2014

WIW

Happy Wednesday, my friends!

We all know what Wednesday means, official weigh-in time.


I did weigh myself on Monday to see where I was at because I had been avoiding the scale for weeks. 
 Monday I was at 181.8, and I am happy to report some of that weight was residual poor-choice-weekend-weight.  Today, I weighed in at:


Next week, I'll be out of the 80's, and I won't look back!

This morning, I started the 21 Day Fix workout DVDs, and I did total body cardio.  I planned on starting Monday, but my legs were hella sore, and I couldn't even do the jumping jacks during the warm up.  

Why were my legs so sore you ask?


Oh, did I forget to mention I ran a half marathon on Saturday?


That's right.  I finished my 4th half marathon this past weekend.

It was the hardest thing I have yet to do because I didn't really train for it.  And by "didn't really" I mean I didn't train.

  I looked back on my Garmin Connect and I only ran 8 times after I signed up for the half in August.  8 times!!  Those 8 runs totaled to only 26.37 miles.  Not nearly adequate training to run a half marathon!

My goal was to just finish the damn thing.  I had hopes of finishing in 3 hours or less.  Somehow, some way, I managed to officially finish in 2:39:55.


I felt pretty good up until mile 9, then I crashed.  Hard.  My hips were so tired and sore that I could only run a few minutes at a time.  The last two miles consisted mostly of walking.

I definitely will NEVER run a half marathon again without better training!!




8 comments:

  1. We are right about the same place!! I should hit the 170s next week too - I am soooo excited!!!
    I am following you!
    You can follow me at http://annsterw.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay,good for you! I look forward to checking out your blog!

      Delete
  2. Omg you're funny lol. But at least you finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow great loss this week and congrats again on that Half! Walking or not you still did it and for that you should definitely be proud!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, half marathons with no training are freaking painful! Well done on finishing though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truer words have never been spoken! It has taken me 4 days to recover instead of the usual 1. My quads are still a bit tender, but at least I can now go up and down steps without wincing in pain!

      Delete
  5. Great job on the loss, and I'm so happy for you on finishing. Training or no, you still finished and that's all that matters. Plus, next time you'll do so much better (you'll have trained so you have to ;) ). I'm really hoping next week I'll get below 190 as I've been hovering just above it for way too long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words! Good luck on your next weigh-in, you'll rock it!

      Delete