Friday, March 6, 2015

Friday 5

This girl is ready for the weekend!

Nick and I finally have a weekend with zero plans, and I couldn't be happier about that!  I am going to do some Spring cleaning around the house, work on wedding decorations, start some of my garden seeds, read a lot, drink a lot of coffee, and just relax.

Here are 5 other things I am excited about/am thinking about.

{ONE}
Heat wave coming through!!
It hasn't been over 20 degrees in Wisconsin in about a month.
I think I will dump the treadmill next week so I can start running outside!


{TWO}
Speaking of running, my tired legs are happy to have the weekend off.

This workout on Wednesday killed, in a good way, but my sore exhausted legs made it tough to get through my run today.

Definitely didn't even come close to 3 miles in 30 this week.  Today, I ended with only 2.57, my shortest distance for the week.  My legs were so tired that I had to hover around 6.0mph for my run intervals.  The previous runs were between 6.5-7.5.

{THREE}
Resisting temptation.

As part of the #4weeksfit link-up, I am not having any candy this month.

One of my student workers gave me two pieces of her Dove dark chocolate (YUM!) candy bar on Tuesday.  She just came in my office, set them on my desk, and walked out.  I felt weird giving them back to her, so I set them aside, and will enjoy them sometime in April :)

April chocolate stash.

{FOUR}
Staff & Faculty Appreciation Fridays

I work at a college, and now on Fridays, faculty and staff get $2.00 coffee and a pastry in the morning, and half off of the salad bar at lunch time.

I was partaking in the coffee & pastries, but have been avoiding that lately because it was causing a slippery slop of poor eating for the entire weekend.

For lunches, Nick and I usually just have left overs from our dinner the previous night.  Last night we ended up not having leftovers so I had no lunch packed.  I cashed in on the half price salad bar instead, and it was awesome!

This beauty cost less than $4.00!


{FIVE}
Anemia.

Definitely not excited about this one, but after some research, I've come to the conclusion that I'm anemic (not getting enough iron).

I've been absolutely exhausted lately, but have been sleeping just fine.  I wake up feeling great, but after just a few hours, I'm ready for a nap.  By the time I get home from work, I am ready for bed and have difficulty staying awake until 8pm or later.

Since I've been eating well and working out for about the last month, I think I should have MORE energy.  Not less.

I decided to Google "tired all the time", such a bad idea lol, but after everything the internet told me, I share the most symptoms with anemia.  

I had issues in the past with getting very nauseous after taking vitamins with high iron concentrations so I'm not ready to start taking any supplements at the moment.  I am going to start by adding more iron rich foods to my diet, and see where that takes me.  

If the diet tweaks don't help, I'll talk with my doctor about recommended supplements.

Does anyone else suffer from anemia?  Any tips?

Have a wonderfully joyous weekend!

1 comment:

  1. If your doc prescribes iron pills, beware of, erm, hard, black stools. I'm borderline anemic but thankfully I haven't "had" to be on the pills very often but when I took them my erm, stools were not very "enjoyable". Not that they ever are, mind you. You may need to take a stool softener along with the iron pills. If I do ever have to go back on them, I'm definitely going that route.

    Hope you had a wonderful and relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete