Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Sometimes Life is Hectic

Work is starting to get really busy so I have much less time to blog, hence my sporadic posting.  I've also been busy getting wedding (only 80 days away!!!) decorations made and battling my lingering chest cold.  I didn't even have time to make a weekly schedule!  GASP!

I wanted to pop in quick for an update though.

I realized a few hours ago that today is Wednesday, and I should have weighed-in...oops.

Yesterday, I had a binge-tastic day so the weigh-in would most likely have been awful.  My mind probably subconsciously registered this and made me forget to step on the scale.  I'll face the scale tomorrow morning instead.

Monday officially kicked-off half marathon training!

I'm behind schedule and only have 10 weeks to train for the Madison Half...yikes!

On Monday, I ran 2.04 miles in 20:45, average pace 10:10.

Today on my lunch break, I did 3.01 miles in 30:51, average pace 10:15.

Friday, I'll run on my lunch break again, and I have 2.5 miles on the schedule.

My long run for the week is 5 miles, and that will be on Sunday.

Even though I ran 3 miles just fine today, muscles a little tight towards the end (more stretching!), I'm terrified to see 5 miles already in week 1.  But then again, I'm following a 10-week training plan so long run mileage is going to increase rapidly!

I'm proud to say that for the #4weeksfit challenge, I still have not had a single piece of candy this month!

At a cookout this past Saturday, there was a bowl of Easter candy that I somehow resisted.  

There was a point where I had a peanut butter M&M in my hand, and was reasoning with myself, saying one M&M wouldn't hurt.  I ALMOST ate it, but since I'm killing this goal, I really didn't want to give it.  Instead, I gave it to Nick :)

Check out the Weigh-In Wednesday Link-Up to support and cheer on your fellow bloggers!

4 comments:

  1. According to my math you have a very busy May/June coming up :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job not getting into the m&ms. I don't know if I could be that strong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your plate is definitely full right but great job sticking with it! You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No candy is huge... seriously, that's one of my weaknesses too so I know how tough that can be! Great job!

    ReplyDelete