Monday, February 16, 2015

Weekly Schedule & Wedding Decorations

Hello, lovelies!

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend, and a great Valentine's Day, full of love!

My weekend consisted of making wedding decorations, which I will get to in a moment.

The first thing I want to talk about today is the schedule system I came up with last week.  Every Monday, I am going to post my weekly schedule so ya'll can see what I'm up to.

This schedule system is going to be really good for me!  I started last week on Wednesday, and while I was not perfect, and did not get everything completed on the day it was assigned, it was still really motivating and helpful to have.


This week, I am on Week 2 of C25K training.  While I haven't done much running yet, it feels GREAT to be getting back into it.

It has been extremely cold in Wisconsin, so I've been doing my runs on a treadmill at the campus gym.  Doing the walk/run combo really helps break of the monotony of dreadmill running.  Hopefully by the time I get to longer running periods, it will be warm enough to do my runs outside!

Shifting gears, I had a wonderful Valentine's Day.  

Nick and I don't do anything special for Valentine's Day.  We don't buy each other anything, and we don't go out for dinner.  We usually just make a fancier dinner at home, and I'll make homemade cheesecake.  

This year, V-Day ended up being a crafting day for our wedding.  

My matron-of-honor and her husband, and my mom, spent the day with us.  Nick made amazing lasagna for dinner, and I made strawberry cheesecake.  All afternoon, and after dinner,  the ladies drank wine and crafted, decorating mason jars, and I made boutonnieres for the groomsmen, the guys hung out, helping us out every now and then.  Nick and Nathan are actually very crafty, and their insight was much appreciated!  

Here are a few pictures from the day:


My matron-of-honor showing off the bridesmaid look. 

I've had a few ideas running around my head on how to tie the bridesmaids to the groomsmen, who will be wearing khakis and navy dress shirts, and we finally pulled everything together this weekend. 

 Our wedding colors are navy and coral.  It's difficult to see in the picture, but the dresses have a coral under-layer, and are covered in ivory lace.  The dresses are from Charming Charlie, and they were on clearance for $19.99!  What. A. Steal!

I made the necklace, which is made of  two twisted strands of shiny navy beads, and a large, flat, coral bead.

The belt is just a piece of navy ribbon which is long in the back to make a bow, and the shoes look quite orange in the picture, but are actually coral and help pull the coral color out on the dresses. 

I LOVE how the look turned out!


Decorated mason jars for the tables at the reception. They are turning out so wonderful.  Each jar has a different design that makes it unique.  This is the looking I'm going for...

Via Pinterest which leads to this blog.


These are the boutonnieres I made for the groomsmen.  Everyone keeps saying they look like lollipops, which they kind of do, but they are SUPPOSED to be rosettes lol. 


Skittles and Dozer we each other's Valentines.  They were so adorable snuggling together in front of the fireplace.


Then, after Sarah and Nathan left for the night with their dogs, Skittles was very sad, looking for a new Valentine to snuggle with.

I hope everyone has a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Wow you've been a busy little bee! I love that calendar idea! Is that an app?

    Skittles is adorable! Is he a Boston Terrier?

    ReplyDelete