Monday, February 23, 2015

Weekly Schedule

Hello!

I'm going to start off right away with some honesty.

My weekend consisted of NONE of this


I did not do a single thing from my schedule Friday - Sunday.  Nothing.

Wait, that's a lie, I did rest :)

Instead, I did a whole lot of this






Basically, I spent my weekend laying around with the dogs, and I drank a lot, and I didn't workout at all, or clean.

Oops.

It was a great weekend though!  

Nick and I spent the weekend in Illinois visiting with some of his friends and family.  We also went to a winery and 2 breweries.  And, not only did I drink a shit ton of carbs, I also ate mostly carbs.

This probably will not bode well for Wednesday Weigh-In, but it's in the past now and I cannot change it.

What I can do though is work extra hard this week!  I won't let a lax, but very fun, weekend derail me completely. 



Couch to 5K training has been going really well!  I actually look forward to my runs.

To push myself even more, I have been trying to up my speed and beat my distance each run.  For example, last week mileage looked like this:

Monday - 2.19 miles
Tuesday - 2.24 miles
Thursday - 2.28 miles
Friday - 2.40 miles
This mileage includes a 5 minute warm-up walk and a 5 minute cool-down walk.

When I run, I tend to get stuck in a comfortable pace.  I never really push myself to go faster.  I have the goal of some day running a sub 2:00 half marathon, but I don't work on speed, that's never going to happen.

Instead of setting my run intervals at a comfortable 6mph pace, I've been averaging 6.5.  I even went up to 7.2 mph for my last interval run on Friday.

If I keep focusing on speed, maybe I'll be able to knock out a sub 2:00 half when I run my usual May half marathon this year!

1 comment:

  1. Bad weekends happen! The important thing is that you aren't going to let it slide into a bad week! Great job with the c25k mileage and the plan looks great for this week!

    ReplyDelete