Thursday, June 11, 2015

Currently

I love "currently" posts!  Since I've stepped away from the blog for a couple months, this is such an easy way to share what's been going on in life lately.

Thinking...It would be really great if my office wasn't so cold that I have to wear a fleece everyday, even in summer.  I have to work at an alumni event later today so I wanted to look nice and wore a dress.  Bad idea!  My legs will be so hairy by the end of the day because I've had goosebumps the entire 2 hours I've been at work so far!

Feeling...Cold, obviously, and SORE!  After not working out for about 2 months, getting back into the active lifestyle is taking it's toll.  My abs hurt every time I turn my torso, my quads and hammies scream each time I sit down and stand up, etc, but I love it.  The soreness after a good workout is such a great "hurts so good" feeling.  It really makes me feel like I accomplished a lot!

Watching...Bones.  I have been binge watching Bones on Netflix.  I can never just watch a single episode.  If I sit down and start watching it, any other plans I may have had for the evening are thrown out the window.  It's so addicting!  I've seen later episodes, so I know Booth and Bones fall in love eventually, but the suspense is killing me right now!

Reading...The Fiery Cross.  The 5th book in the Outlander series. 


The Eyre Affair.  My student worker recommended this one.  I JUST started this morning while drinking my coffee so I'm only about 6 pages in.


Excited...To go to the Comedy Club on Friday.  My bachelorette party group celebrated at the Comedy Club in May, but unfortunately the show was awful.  We ended up walking out of the show because the guy was so racist, sexist, just plain horrible!  The staff was great though, and apologized profusely, and gave us free tickets to come back.  Nick and I, and a group of our friends decided to give it another go this weekend.

Missing...My bestie.  My best friend, and maid of honor, lives in New Jersey so we only see each other in person a couple times a year.  She was here last Thursday through Monday for the wedding celebrations, and now it's so quiet and sad without her :(



Working...on ordering instructor copies of textbooks for the upcoming fall semester, and getting student textbook orders ready.  August is going to be here before I know it!

Stressed...about out messy house.  Our rehearsal dinner was a cookout at our house, we had multiple people stay at our place for the wedding weekend, and we did gift opening there too.  Gifts are stacked everywhere, some dishes still need washing, there is an ungodly amount of laundry to do...

Proud...of my husband.  Nick has an unbelievable work ethic, and he truly loves his job.  He has been working with the same company for just over 4 years, and he has been making his way up the ladder since day 1.  Last week, he had his annual review, and his supervisors had such great things to say about his work.  For all of his extra efforts, he was promoted, again, received a raise, and a nice bonus.  Way to go, Pookie!

Wanting...it to be July so we can go on our honeymoon!  While I kind of wish we were going somewhere warm and tropical, I cannot wait to get to the mountains of Colorado to hike, relax, and take in all the beautiful sights!

Wishing...I could bring my dogs to work with me.  I feel so badly when I have to leave them each morning :(   Look at those faces!


Eating...I just finished Greek yogurt with fresh strawberries and blackberries.  Yum!

Drinking...water.

Loving...That I'm back to blogging!  It feels so good to write again, and reconnect with my blogger friends.

And, I am LOVING how gorgeous my engagement ring and wedding band look together :)



2 comments:

  1. Yay for being back! My office is also a frozen tundra. I hate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to go to Colorado one day. It's always so hot at work I can't stand it!

    ReplyDelete