Wednesday, June 10, 2015

I'm baaaaaaaack

Why, hello!
It's been a hot second since I last posted.  
Life has been a little crazy because this just happened...



This past Saturday, June 6th, I married the love of my life.  The day was absolutely perfect, and I wouldn't change a single thing about it!

Now that the chaos of prepping for a wedding is over, I am ready to get back on track with my health journey.  It's really no fun starting over, but then again, everything needs to start somewhere.

I didn't want to stress about weighing a certain number for my wedding day so I've avoided the scale for about 2 months.  I was pleasantly surprised to see this number when I stepped on this morning.


I thought for sure it would be a much higher number!

To get back into the swing of things, I have come up with a plan, goals, and rewards system.

The Plan

Make my weekly schedules to follow. 
Since I weigh-in on Wednesday, my schedules are going to be formatted as Wednesday-Tuesday.


I will be doing 21-Day Fix videos for strength training, and extra cardio.  
Monday, I will officially start training for my first full marathon!  
The marathon that I would like to run is October 10 of this year.  I am going to work my way through a few weeks of a training plan before I officially sign up.  That way, I can judge if I have enough time to train properly.  If I don't think I will be ready by October, I'll look for a November marathon, or one that takes place in Spring (Wisconsin winter running = awful!).

The Goals

Run my first full marathon this fall, hopefully on October 10.

Reach goal weight of 152 (random, I know) by the end of 2015.

These two are overall macro goals.  I will also set micro weekly goals.  So this week:

1. Complete all planned workouts
2. Log everything into MFP
3.  Stay within calories goals at least 5/7 days.

The Rewards

180 - Hiking boots
175 - Sandals
170 - Running shoes
165 - Pedicure
160 - New workout clothes
155 - Massage
152 -  Shopping spree

Nick and I will be honeymooning in Colorado, and we leave on July 1st.  I would really love to see 180 by then so I can buy a pair of nice hiking boots, instead of wearing tennis shoes while we trek through the mountains.

My final reward of a shopping spree is much needed!  My closet really needs a makeover.  I am almost 28 years old, but I rarely dress like a professional 28 year old.  I feel like many people do not take me seriously at my job because of the way I dress, most days... Having this as my end goal gives me time to save up so I can make that grown-up wardrobe a reality!

There you have it!  Fingers crossed for success this time around!!


Pretty Strong Medicine

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I hope you have a great honeymoon. You look great! How tall are you? I recommend Ann Taylor LOFT for work clothes. They often have flash sales 60% off certain items for 24 hours. They also have 50% off everything quite a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the wedding! Wishing you much love and happiness! Great plan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why the heck are you here and not on your honeymoon? LOL Congrats! I don't want to buy grown up clothes but that's a great reward for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! We leave for our honeymoon on July 1st, only 3 weeks away!

      Delete