Friday, June 19, 2015

Daily Battle

Trying to live a healthy lifestyle is a daily battle.  

To those that already have it figured out, and do not need to constantly fight temptation, I envy you!

Temptation is everywhere, but we have the power to make the right choice.  Sometimes it is easy, and sometimes it down right hard.

After a week of eating like champ, I gave into temptation last night.  I had pizza, hot spinach artichoke dip with chips, and wine for dinner.  It was delicious.  A little bit of warm, gooey heaven.

The plan was to make black bean and sweet potato chili, but when I got home, I was tired and felt lazy.  I let that little voice in my head tell me it was ok to have pizza.  

And really, it was ok.  

To err is human, and this probably won't be the only diet mistake I make during this journey.  

I just need to work to do better each day.  

That means, right back to healthy eating today.  Maybe I'll do some extra cardio to counteract some of those pizza calories. 

Where am I going with all of this?

Each and every one of is is going to make mistakes along the road to the healthy lifestyles we want.  It is what we choose to do after those mistakes that matter, not the mistakes themselves.  Just don't let that one mistake snowball into multiple mistakes that completely derails you.  Just move on, and make better choices next time.

Happy weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I've learned that ONE cheat meal a week is OK. It will not total destroy your health journey. I also had pizza last night after working all day and doing a ton of errands afterward. I went to Trader Joe's and bought one of their frozen pizzas which my stepdaughter and I shared. It was worth it and I even weighed the same this morning, lol. None of us are perfect and there are TOO MANY yummy foods out there! I don't know about you but I live in an area where we have amazing Italian, sushi, Thai, Greek and anything else you can think of within a couple miles!

    ReplyDelete