Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Sometimes, you just need a donut.

Per the title, I just needed a donut this morning.

It was delicious.


I was craving some sort of sweet pastry, and I knew if I did not just give in, I was going to binge like crazy today.  I would rather forsake 290 calories and 16g of fat for a single treat, than binge all day and waste hundreds and hundreds of calories and go WAY over my fat allowance for the day.

As we all know, it is about moderation.  It is ok to treat yourself once in awhile.  One donut, once during the week, is not going to ruin your life.  Just do not let it become a daily habit :)

Preachy part aside... I have been LOVING my runs!

I am loosely following a half marathon training plan, and it has been going fairly well.  By loosely, I mean, I do not get all of the runs in.  For example, I only ran twice last week.  I currently do not have any races planned so I am basically just running when I feel like it.

Last week, I ran 3 miles on Tuesday, and then did a 5 mile long run on Sunday.  I was extremely nervous for the 5 miles because I have not run more than 3 miles since the beginning of August. 

 While I have been feeling strong on my 3 mile loops, I have also really pushed myself so by the end of mile 3, I am exhausted and very ready to stop.  The fact that I would need to run my regular 3 plus another 2 miles had me worried I would not be able to do it.  

But, I set my Garmin to a 10:15 pace to make sure I slowed it down, and it went just fine!

5.02 miles - 10:12 average pace

The first mile was tough, and I felt really slow and tired.  Many thoughts of doubt crept through my mind, but I just pushed them aside kept on going.  I did not really hit a comfortable rhythm until mile 3, but when I did, the last miles felt great and flew by.


Last night, I was back to 3 miles.  I set my pace to 9:45, and headed out.  I thought my legs would be tired from the 5 miler the day before, but I felt wonderful!  I felt like I was flying, and I kind of was...

3.02 miles - 9:32 average pace

I ended up being quite a bit quicker than originally planned!

I like the virtual pace feature on the Garmin Forerunner 10, but I wish it would beep more often if you are ahead or behind pace.  I do not like that it only beeps once to let you know when you are ahead or behind, I wish it would keep beeping until you got back on pace.

For the rest of the week, I have 3 more runs planned, and I am starting Pickleball tonight, haha!  Three of my co-workers and I joined a non-league Pickleball club that meets every Tuesday for two hours for the next 8 weeks.  I have not played Pickleball since high school and I am not very good at tennis...it is definitely going to be interesting.

As for my runs, I have 4 miles on Wednesday, 3 miles on Thursday, and a 6 mile long run on Saturday.


No comments:

Post a Comment