Monday, June 10, 2013

Happy Monday

Happy Monday everyone!  It’s a new week, so that means it’s time to link up with the fabulous Jess at Operation Skinny Jeans to review last week’s goals, and create new goals for this week.

These were my goals from last week:

Complete every scheduled workout.

I didn’t ace with goals, but I also didn’t do too badly.  I FINALLY completed week 1 of LiveFit, and now I’m really excited to work through the entire program and develop some baller muscle definition.  I did miss one of my 3 miles runs though, and my long run from yesterday… Missing a long run sucks, but my weekend ended up being jam packed with social events so I didn’t have the time.  

No alcohol. 

Once again, I was not perfect on this goal, but I did really well.  I did end up having a couple beers on Saturday, but in my defense, we were at a brewery.  How am I supposed to hang out at a brewery and not drink?!

Get Nick to go for a walk or bike ride with me each day. 

This only happened 3 out of the 7 days.  Not great, but not a complete failure!

New goals for this week:

Do not cheat on my meal plan. 

I wrote out a complete meal plan for the entire week, including breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks.  My goal is to not deviate from it unless it is necessary.  I didn’t calculate the calories yet, so if I end up being way under on calories one day, it is ok to eat something extra that I didn’t have planned, but I need to make sure it is something healthy!

Stretch every day.

Stretching is important, and I should already be doing it every day, but I am awful at it.  Now that I have incorporated strength training into my fitness routine, my muscles are sore more often.  This means it’s even more important to stretch to keep my muscles healthy and prevent injuries.

No candy.

My candy eating has gotten out of control again so I need to nix it from my diet for a while.  When I am craving something sweet, I’m going to go with flavored tea or gum instead of reaching for a candy bar.

Good luck to everyone on their goals this week!



Operation Skinny Jeans

No comments:

Post a Comment