Friday, June 28, 2013

Five on Friday

I am linking up for the first time with the lovely ladies that host Five on Friday.  Basically, you just blog about 5 things that are on your mind, you’re in love with at the moment, etc.  Here goes!

{one}  Half day Fridays.  From the middle of May through the middle of August, my work is only open until 12:30 on Friday.  This means I have the rest of the glorious afternoon off! 

{two}  Mowing the lawn and drinking beer.  I love mowing the lawn.  I mean LOVE!  Nick never gets to do it.  I have no clue why I like doing it so much, but I do.  It’s been raining buckets here lately, like shuttingdownmajorstreetsandhighways raining so our lawn has been out-of-control long for the last week and I waited for the grass to dry.  Since I got out of work early today, I FINALLY got a chance to mow it, and surprise surprise, it started pouring rain a few minutes after I finished.  I mowed in record time, with a push mower, because I saw these rain clouds rolling in.  



This resulted in me rewarding myself for my speedy work with an ice cold, refreshing, delicious, New Glarus Spotted Cow.

Worst. Selfie-taker. Ever.

{three} Nick finishing up the bar.  Nick has slowly been building a bar in our unfinished basement for the last few months.  He has done everything, I mean EVERYTHING, himself:  designing the floor plan, framing the walls, the dry wall, painting, electrical, building the actual bar. Everything.  He’s a pretty handy dude, and I’m lucky enough to call him mine.  This is what it looks like so far, and he will have it done next weekend, right in time for my birthday cookout with all of friends and family.  I can’t wait to help him show off his handy work!



{four} Heidi’s engagement.  One of my besties got engaged last weekend, and I cannot stop thinking about how her future nuptials, and how much fun it is going to be!!  I am beyond excited for her, and I cannot wait to start planning decorations, go dress shopping, and talk about all the details with her!!


{five}  Three day work week.  Next week, I only work 3 days.  Boo-yah!!

Have a fantabulous week, everyone!


1 comment: