Monday, June 3, 2013

Marathon Training Begins

Today is day one of marathon training!  I have exactly 18 weeks to train for my very first full marathon that I will be running on October 6, 2013.  I will be following Hal Higdon’s Intermediate 2 training program, which is 18 weeks long so I don’t have room to slack. 

After I ran the half marathon on Memorial Day weekend, I decided to take a full week off from running.  A week off from running unfortunately turned into a week off of exercising in general.  Besides not exercising, I've been eating like a little fatty too.  This combination of a sedentary lifestyle and no diet plan, has led me to basically fail at all of the goals I came up with last week.  Here’s a reminder of what those were.

Track everything I eat: I ate basically anything that was placed in front of me, so tracking was tedious and I was in denial about what I was eating.  I started tracking, but by the afternoon, I would be over it and would quit.

Go to the gym 5 times:  I made it once…just once….

Complete week 1 of LiveFit: I only went to the gym once…I’m sure you can figure out whether or not I accomplished this one…

Like I said, now that marathon training is here, I need to set goals and actually follow through with them.  If I don’t, I’m not going to do too well with this whole running a marathon thing.  So here are my goals for this week, which I will rock!

Complete every scheduled workout I have this week.

M – Cross Train & Day 1 of LiveFit
T – 3M Run & Day 2 of LiveFit
W – 5M Run & Day 3 of LiveFit
TR – 3M Run & Day 4 of LiveFit (This is roundout week 1 of the program)
F – Rest
S – 5M Pace Run 9:00/Mile
S – 10M Run

No alcohol.

I’m a beer lover, but the beer doesn't necessarily love me back.  Limiting my alcohol intake will only help my training.  There is no way in hell I could cut out alcohol for the next 18 weeks, but taking a break here and there will have its advantages.

Get Nick to go on a walk or bike ride with me every day this week.

I love my pookie to pieces, but he has been packing on the pounds lately.  I am not the only one to notice.  He has also been complaining about how his clothes are getting tighter, he’s always tired, and how he just feels fat.  Hopefully if I get him into a routine, he can pick it up himself, and work on getting healthier. 

Besides working harder to accomplish my goals, I will also be restarting Weigh-In Wednesday.  I took a break from weighing myself because the scale was just bringing me down.  I’m nervous for my weigh-in this week because I know I’m up.  I did a lot of damage this week in the diet area, so it’s not going to be a pretty number.

    
Operation Skinny Jeans

2 comments:

  1. WOOO! Day 1 baby! I hope you killed it. Yeah giving up the beers are hard. i'm totally a beer girl. And i REALLY wanted one today. so i just ate two salads instead! Cant wait to hear how you did next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so impresses with your workout schedule! As someone who is struggling to keep joggin for 5 min streches, I have all sorts of admiration for runners! Someday I'll get there too.

    Kristin
    Www.likea2-year-old.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete