Thursday, July 23, 2015

Rewards Revisited, Again.

Finally, I have all my rewards for reaching certain weight goals figured out.

I originally came up with these in June, and then edited them at the beginning of this week because my needs/priorities changed a bit.

180 - Hiking boots Running shoes
I can feel that mine are wearing out.  I've had them for over a year, so it's time.  I already have my new pair bought, but I don't get to wear them until I reach 180.

175 - Sandals Subscription to a running magazine.

170 - Running shoes Pedicure

165 - Pedicure New sports bras

160 - New workout clothes 

155 - Massage *Still need to think of something*
Had the second one of my life while on our honeymoon.  Honestly, not much of a fan.

152 - Shopping Spree

I needed to add one more reward, and priorities have changed again.  The final reward system will be the following:

180 - Running Shoes

175 - Hydration Vest

170 - Subscription to a running magazine

165 - Pedicure

160 - New sports bras

155 - New workout clothes

152 - Wardrobe shopping spree

As my runs become longer, I'm going to need to start taking fuel along with me.  I don't like holding anything in my hands while running so I don't want to carry a water bottle.  I already have a hydration belt that holds four 6oz water bottles, but I go through them too quickly, and I don't want to keep stopping to refill.  To carry more water with me, I have my eye on these two.

Nathan Intensity

Camelbak Marathoner.


For extra motivation to reach my goal weight, and get that shopping spree, I have started paying myself to workout.  For each workout that I complete, I get $2.  Workouts are considered a run, 30+ minutes of walking or other cardio, doing a workout video, or completing a strength training circuit.

So far this week, I have completed 5 workouts: 3 30+ minute walks with the dogs, and 2 runs.  I've made $10.  When I reach $20 increments, I'll take the money out at an ATM, and will stash the cash away somewhere.  Once I reach my goal weight, I'll take that cash to buy myself a new, adult, professional wardrobe.

Does YOU use a hydration vest?  Do YOU recommend one of the above vests over the other?
Any recommendations on which running magazine is the best?


No comments:

Post a Comment