Thursday, July 23, 2015

Throw Back

I dug up some pictures today to help motivate me to reach my goals.

This one is from my second half marathon in May 2013.  I was at my lowest weight, in the 150's, since high school, and I PRed with a time of 2 hours, 9 minutes, and some seconds.  This race made me realize that if I trained just a bit harder, I could get a sub 2 hour half.  

But didn't train harder, and I haven't reached that sub 2 goal, yet.


This one is from August 2012.  I had run my first ever half marathon in May 2012 with a time of 2 hours, 24 minutes, and some seconds.  I was in the 160's, and rocking that swimsuit.  I still remember that day, and how I felt SO comfortable, even with all that skin exposed.  

Was my body perfect?  No, and it probably never will be, but I was comfortable and happy with it, and that is what's important.  I want to feel that comfort again, and not be insecure in a bathing suit.


These pictures are proof that I can reach my goals, I just need to work for them.  They won't come easily, and it will be a daily struggle.

But, I can do it.

I've done it before, and I will do it again.

2 comments: