Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Weighing In and Working Out

This week's weigh-in was pretty lame.


I've been pretty darn active since last Wednesday, so I had high hopes for this weigh-in.  I actually woke up excited to weigh myself, thinking I would be out of the 80's, and would be able to start wearing my new running shoes.

Alas, I'm up .6 from last week.  I was so shocked to see a higher number, that I got off and on the scale a few times to make sure I wasn't crazy.

Since we went camping over the weekend, I didn't eat the greatest those couple days, but otherwise, my nutrition has been spot on.  I have stayed within my calorie range the rest of the week, eating healthy foods to fill those calories, and haven't had any candy.

Though I'm bummed, I'm not going to let a bad weigh-in get me down.  I'm going to keep trucking with my workouts, and will work harder in the nutrition department.  

Nick and I are camping again this week, but it's just the two of us so I can control our menu for the weekend.  I'm going to work out a camping meal plan today, and make sure we eat WELL this time.

On Monday, I shared my workouts from the past week of 7/20-7/26, and this week's workout schedule.  So far, this is how the week has gone.

Monday
2.14 mile walk with the dogs

21-Day Strength Challenges: I found these basic strength challenges on Pinterest to help me ease into add strength training to my training plan.




Tuesday
2.32 mile walk with dogs

3-4 mile run - 3.56 miles in 38:50
This was a tough one!  At 8pm, it was still 79 degrees and HUMID!  The air just felt wet.  Before I reached the end of my block, I was already covered in sweat.


Today, I have a 2-3 mile run scheduled, which I plan to do as a tempo run.  I am also on Day 3 of the strength challenges so I will be doing 8 reps X3 of each move.  I will most likely also squeeze in a 2+ mile walk with the dogs before bed.


5 comments:

  1. So ready for this humidity to go!! Sorry about the gain - it stinks when you think things are going well and your body "betrays" you by gaining :( Keep pushing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's SO frustrating, but there's nothing I can do, except keep pushing! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Keep at it. Chalk it up to an off week, and don't let it get you down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sucks. I know the feeling, getting on and off hoping it was lying the first time around. It's pretty crappy to have the scale not cooperate, even if you give it a good week. Keep it up though, it'll have to move in the right direction sooner or later!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blame the gain on the humidity...that's why I didn't weigh in this week. ;)

    ReplyDelete