Monday, July 27, 2015

Weekly Rundown 7/20-7/26

Monday
2.07 mile walk

Tuesday
2.04 mile walk
3-4 mile run - 3.37 miles
This was my first run on my new training plan.  The plan has me running 5 times a week, with mileage ranges for each day.  Each run, I aim to run the higher end of the mileage range, but sometimes, it just doesn't work out.  I am using run/walk intervals (2:30 run/:30 walk) until my legs gain strength and my breathing comes easier.  


Wednesday
2.25 mile walk
2-3 mile run - 2.48 miles
I pushed myself with this run, working on speed.  Even though I am taking walking breaks, I am very happy with my pace.


Thursday
2.36 mile walk
3-4 mile run - My legs were DEAD so I chose to forgo the run, and stretched a lot instead.
My legs were so tired and sore that I just couldn't make myself run!

Friday
REST
Legs were still really tired so I took a true rest day, and didn't do any activity other than stretching.

Saturday
1.58 mile hike
1.72 mile hike
2-3 mile run - 2.08 miles
We went camping with my family this weekend at a small campground.  The trails were pretty short, so I did a double hike to get some extra activity in.  First, I went with Nick and the dogs, and then my nephew wanted to go so I took another loop with him.  It was a rather humid and steamy day, and I put off running for the longest time.  I almost didn't go at all, but finally talked myself into it.  I did the same hiking loop, with some added road running to get at least 2 miles.  Trail running is difficult, but a lot of fun!  The varying terrain helps focus my mind on the trail and my form rather than how tired I am.



Sunday
4-5 mile long run - 5.18
Everything about this run felt good!  I would have liked to see faster mile times, but I wanted to go with an easy pace so I could cover some good mileage.  Overall, very happy with how this run went!


This past week, I completed a total of 10 workouts.  Per my rewards system, I banked $20 (10 workouts X $2 each) for my shopping spree fund!  After work, I need to go grocery shopping so I'm going to take $20 out at an ATM to stash away in a safe place at home.

This weeks training plan looks like this:

Monday
Cross Train
I will walk the dogs, and I plan on doing upper and lower strength training circuits.

Tuesday
3-4 miles

Wednesday
2-3 miles

Thursday
3-4 miles

Friday
REST

Saturday
5-6 miles

Sunday
2-3 miles

Happy Monday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment