Wednesday, July 22, 2015

WIW

Happy Wednesday!

This morning was my first weigh-in in 3 weeks.  While I would really like to be out of the 80's, I'm just thankful it's not higher!  Our honeymoon really derailed my exercise and healthy eating plan, but I'm working hard to get back on track.


Since I have not run in the last 3 weeks, I have decided to ease back into it by doing run-walk intervals.  I'm running 2:30 and walking :30.  Once I become more comfortable with the intervals, I'll switch back to just running.

Monday, I had cross-training on the schedule so I took the dogs for a 2.07 mile walk.

Yesterday, I had a 3-4 mile run.  I left the house with intentions of doing all 4 miles.  When I started the first run/walk interval, I thought man, this easy.  After about the third one though, I was struggling!  Those 2:30 runs seemed to be longer and longer, and  those :30 seconds of walking went by way too quickly.  When I hit 3 miles, I wanted so badly to stop, and call it a day, but I made myself go through one more sequence for a total of 3.37 miles in 35:44. Mile 1 - 10:19, Mile 2 - 10:38, Mile 3 - 10:44, .37 Mile - 4:03.

My legs were very tired and tight after the run, so I took the long way home so I could walk and stretch everything out.  I walked for about a mile myself, stopped by the house for water and to pick up the dogs, and walked for another mile to round out 2.04 miles of added walking.

Even though the run was physically and mentally tough, I felt GREAT afterwards!

Today I have 2-3 miles, and once again, I'm aiming to do the full 3. 

Stop over to Winter or Cassi's blogs to join the Weigh-in Wednesday link-up!  Share your story, and cheer on others!

8 comments:

  1. Way to push yourself through that last sequence. And I am sure the pups enjoyed their bonus walk :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually don't worry about healthy eating and exercise on vacations, no regrets, as long as I get back to it after! (That part I have to work on!) Way to get back at it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 30 second rests go by WAY too fast. Good for you getting back in the game :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! You are so close to being out of those 180s :)

    ReplyDelete