Monday, July 22, 2013

Back to Reality

Hello, my friends!  I have finally returned from my Northwoods vacation.  I thought that I may have a chance to post a picture or two to my blog while I was gone, but there was barely any phone reception where we were staying, so it did not happen.   It was tough getting out of bed to go to work this morning.  It was hard not being able to sleep in, and I knew there was going to be a shit ton of shit to deal with at work.  It also didn’t help that I am going through withdrawal symptoms this morning after drinking for 7 days straight…oops…

Here is a little taste of what my week-long Northwoods vacation entailed. 

The lake at sunset.  I didn't even Photoshop this one. That little dot in the middle is my step-dad, cousin, and uncle out fishing in the boat.



  
Everyone relaxing after a delicious dinner of grilled kabobs and sweet corn made by Nick & I.



Mini-golfing with my nephew, Blake. I learned that mini-golf is NOT the best activity to do with a 7 year old with ADHD... It was still fun to spend the day with the B-Man though!



Super sketch looking, but AWESOME, brewery in Eagle River where Nick and I spent a few hours one afternoon.  They just opened in November 2012, and have a blueberry wheat beer that is heavenly and a chocolate porter that is to die for! 



A picture with my momma on our last night at the lake.



Pretty much the only picture Nick and I took together the entire trip...



The whole crew after our final dinner together Friday night.  The restaurant we went to has such an amazing fish fry, that we waited over 2 hours to get a table...2 HOURS!  It was worth the wait though!




Here is what awaited me when I got back to reality this morning...

I walked in to all of these packages awaiting me in my office.  I still have not gotten to open a single one, and I have already been at work for 3 hours...It probably doesn't help that I'm writing a blog post right now...



The hallway between our office and store looks like a mine shaft.  The ceiling titles are missing, as are the lights, so there are random bulbs hanging sporadically from the rafters.  It's super creepy, like out of a horror movie.  Apparently there is asbestos in the ceiling, but facilities doesn't feel it is necessary to section off the area... 



This is what it looks like in front of the store.  More naked light bulbs, no ceiling, and part of the adjacent wall missing...nbd...



On a sweeter note, these goons were also awaiting our return to reality.

As great as it is to take a vacation, it feels even better to get home to these knuckleheads! We missed our dogters so much!!



 Skittles is the master of awkward sleeping positions.



No comments:

Post a Comment