Wednesday, July 10, 2013

So. Much. Sweat.

Monday workout:

25 minute walk with dogs
30 minutes on stationary bike

Tuesday workout:

3.23 mile run – 33:44

Today will be a twofer day.  Two posts in one day!  One of my goals this week is to blog every day, and well, I didn't post anything yesterday.  There just were not enough hours in the day yesterday, so I didn't have the time to sit down and write anything.

Monday night, I finally went to the gym.  Nick and I walked the dogs before I went, and after that walk, I had a whole new appreciation for the gym.  It was so humid and sticky, and I was drenched in sweat, just from walking the dogs for 25 minutes!  Besides being ungodly hot, the mosquitoes and gnats were out in full force and made the walk a living hell!  It felt glorious to work out in the air conditioned gym.

That being said, I sweat more than I have ever sweated at the gym before during that workout.  When I do the stationary bike, I usually do intervals, but this time I did the fat burn program so I was at a constant resistance rather than getting breaks every couple minutes.  It was definitely a tougher workout, but it is what I’ll be doing from now on.  Even though I was sopping wet afterwards, I felt awesome!

Not the best pic, but do you see all that sweat on my shoulder!  That covered my entire body! In AC!
Tuesday morning, I actually got Nick up to run with me before work.  I usually run in the late afternoon/night, but I’m trying to switch over to the morning.  Once I get home from work, the last thing I want to do is go for a run.  That feeling has been 10 fold now that summer is in full swing and it is so hot outside.  This mentality has really affected my training because I have skipped so many runs by using the excuse that it is too hot.  I hope that by running in the morning, I will just beat the heat, and will have extra energy throughout the day.

I usually don’t like running with Nick because he drives me crazy when we run.  He likes to try to control the run by choosing the route and setting the pace, and it really bothers me at time.  Nick only runs because I ask him to.  He is not running to train for anything, but I am.  When he tries to control the run it frustrates me and I get extremely pissed off at him. 

So, why did I run with him?  I knew there was no way in hell I was going to get out of bed at 5 am if I did not have some support.  If Nick was not going to get up with me, I was just going to turn the alarm off and fall back asleep.  We discussed the control issue before hand, and he agreed to let me run the show.  I did let him control the pace this time because he is a bit faster than am.  I am trying to work on my pace so following his will only help me to run quicker.
    
Even though I have only done it once so far, I definitely prefer running before work rather than running after work.  I felt so much more energized at work yesterday, and it was not so unbearably hot!  I still got super sweaty, as the picture below shows, because it was already pretty humid at 5am, but it was much more bearable.  I wanted to run again this morning, but I forgot to reset my alarm for the early time.  I have to run 6 miles today, and 30 minutes is definitely not enough time to run that far.  



Thanks for taking the time to stop by, and keep your eye out for a Weigh-In Wednesday post later today!

No comments:

Post a Comment