Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Goals

Oops, I’m a day late posting my goals.  

Operation Skinny Jeans


This week, I am only going to focus on a single goal.  I usually set 3 goals and end up not completing all of them.  This leads me to feeling disheartened, or sometimes like a failure.  I have decided to dial it back for a change, and just focus on one thing this week.

My goal this week is to lose 1% of my weight.  This is only 1.7lbs.  After vacation, I am unfortunately back up to 169.4…wah wah wah… I of course had good intentions going into vacation of eating well and getting in a lot of exercise, but alas, it didn’t quite go as planned. 

Nick is also feeling the effects of the sedentary lifestyle we lived the past week as he had to loosen his belt two notches…lol not good. 

Since we both have some weight to lose, we have actually entered into a little competition with each other.  While I did not join Jess’ fit camp, Nick and I are going to follow the goal model of losing 10% of our weight in 10 weeks.  For me, that is about 17lbs, and for Nick about 25lbs. 

To help motivate each other, we have set rewards.  For each 3lbs that I lose, Nick is going to get me a little something that cost $20 or less.  I have already decided what I want for my first two rewards, so I can’t wait to see the scale drop!  I have a great Cooking Light cookbook, that I LOVE, but I am ready to try some new recipes so these are what I want for my first two rewards:





Without going into too much detail, Nick will receive a little extra-special something in the bedroom each time he loses 5lbs.

To ensure we are not taking advantage of the rewards, we have decided that you can only get a reward of each loss increment once.  So if I lose 3lbs, and receive my rewards, I cannot gain those same 3lbs back and re-lose them for another reward.  Basically, over the next 10 weeks, I can only earn between 5-6 presents, and Nick can earn 5 special acts.  Unless we totally blow the 10% goals out of the water and get increments past 18lbs and 25lbs.


At the end of the 10 weeks, we will have a special reward.  If only one of us reaches our goals, the loser has to take the winner out to dinner.  If we both reach our goal, we’ll take a mini weekend vacation.  If we both fail, which we will NOT, I guess we should both reevaluate our health goals…

Have a healthy week, my lovelies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment