Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Jumping Jacks

This week has been off to a great start!  I hope it's going well for each of you also!

A made a goal this week to do at least 30 minutes of activity each day.  Last night, I ending up playing Wii Just Dance for 40 minutes. Dancing with the Wii may not be much of a workout for some, but let me tell you, I get sweaty!  Instead of just moving my hand around to follow the Wii character, I get my whole body into it.  Nick always scores more points when he dances with me because he focuses more on his hand movement, and I focus more on entire body movement.

Last night, I also randomly decided to do 100 jumping jacks consecutively.  Holy shit!  When you're out of shape like me, 100 jumping jacks is tough!

For my workout tonight, I decided to wear my heart rate monitor to see how many calories I burned while doing the 100 jumping jacks.  It took me 1:38 to finish the first 100, and I burned 14 calories.  This led me to try another 100...this was 1:38 again and 15 calories.  I then made the decision to do a total of 5 sets of 100.  At the end of 500 jumping jacks, I burned 80 total calories and it took me 8 minutes and 10 seconds.  I quick, semi-easy burn!  My shoulders and calves are already super sore from this mini-beast of a workout. 

Since the JJs took me 8 minutes, I rounded out my 30 by dancing again.  I did 6 songs, and by the 3rd, I was ready to be finished because my arms and legs were so jello-y.  I stuck it out though and got my 30 minutes of activity in. 

This morning I had my Almond Joy smoothie that I was so excited to try, and I was not disappointed.  It was fantastic!  The flavor was almost identical to an Almond Joy candy bar, without the oiliness.  Here's the recipe.

1 C fresh spinach
1 C unsweetened almond milk
1 banana (frozen)
1 pear
1T unsweetened coconut flakes
1 T cocoa powder

Blend all ingredients until smooth.  Enjoy!     

No comments:

Post a Comment