Monday, January 20, 2014

Feeling Excited & Goals

I'm going to start this post by asking something really random:

Do you ever just get super excited about life?

I have the day off of work today, and I was just sitting in my kitchen, making lots of goodies (breakfast pot pies, homemade pesto, french bread), and I just got really excited.

Photographic proof of my "making lots of goodies"
Sundried Tomato Pesto, which will be served with chicken and linguine tonight

 Breakfast Pot Pies with egg, veggies, bacon, and cheese

 It was a giddy/euphoric feeling.  I was thinking about training for races, exercising, good food, my best friend, Nick...lots of things were going through my mind when my heart started to race, my face broke out into a great big smile, and I thought about how lucky I am to live the life I live.  It's not perfect, nor will it ever be, but I am still pretty damn lucky.  I have a beautiful home, great friends, a loving man, an awesome family, two adorable furbabies, and I am healthy.  I know how to cook (and I'm damn good at it), my body is able to accomplish amazing things, and I have a great support system.

Where am I going with this?  I really have no idea.  Maybe it's the beer I had with lunch talking, but I just feel really excited about the future, and about my life.  I am lucky to have so many great things in my life, and may I never take any of them for granted.

Anywho....enough of my random spiel, let's talk about goals!

Fitnasty for Life

My goal for last week, we to do 5 2-a-day workouts.  Um,  I did that once.  Only once.  I missed this goal by a long shot.  I did work out at least 30 minutes each day everyday except for Friday.  That's got to count for something, right?

This week, my goal is to burn at least 3,000 calories.

I've been on a mission to burn 3,500 calories in a week, but have yet to conquer that goal.  I'm in the last 2 weeks of my Diet Bet, so I need some heavy calorie burns this week.  I set the goal a tad under 3,500 to make it a little easier to reach.

I hope everyone has a GREAT week!

1 comment:

  1. Those little pies are SO adorable!! Sounds like you have a good goal for the week-- once you break it down into, say, 5 days of 600 calories, you'll definitely be able to knock it out! :)

    ReplyDelete