Monday, January 6, 2014

Smoothies & Goals

Despite most of Wisconsin being shut down today because of the extreme cold (-13 as the high!), I still had to work.  Boo.  I work at a college...considering all other local schools were closed,  you would think that we would be too...nooooope.

Anywho.

Today is Day 2 of the 30 Day Green Smoothie Challenge I'm doing.  Yesterday, I had a smoothie called Gorilla Punch

1 C fresh spinach
1 C unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 banana
1 apple
1T cocoa powder
1 T peanut butter
Blend all ingredients until smooth.

I thought I was going to love this one, I mean, peanut butter and chocolate, what's not to love?!  I wasn't really a fan though because I forgot to freeze my banana, and didn't use any ice.  This led to a room temperature, nasty-looking, green/brown smoothie.  The color and the warm taste was NOT appetizing, and I really struggled to choke it down.  Next time, I will DEFINITELY freeze the banana ahead of time.  I think that if it was cold, I would have liked it a lot more.

Today, I had Morning Sunshine

1 C fresh spinach
1/2 C oj
1/2 C water
1 banana
1 orange
1/2 C pineapple

I wised up after drinking the warm smoothie yesterday, and I froze the fresh pineapple overnight.  This smoothie was delicious!  The recipe I used made a little extra so I gave some to Nick.  He thinks green smoothies are all gross just because they're green so I was surprised he even tried it.  Not surprisingly, he loved it!

Tomorrow, I am going to try an Almond Joy smoothie recipe.  It sounds so delicious, so I can't wait!

On a final note, I am super pumped that one of my favorite link-ups is back!  Carolyn over at Fitnasty for Life is now hosting this link-up solo, so stop by her page, and give her some love!  And, of course, join the link-up!

I love this link-up because it's interesting to see what kind of fitness, and life in general, goals my fellow bloggers have.  Setting mini, easily attainable goals, can really help boost a person's motivation.  If you're stuck, and cannot think of any goals, it's always nice to see what your peers are up to, and get some ideas from them!

Since I've been such a lazy-ass lately, and am slowly getting back into the swing of a healthy lifestyle, I am only setting one goal this week.

At least 30 minutes of activity each day. 

Fitnasty for Life

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for joining! I love to see other people's goals too-- it gives me ideas if I can't think of my own. Plus, accountability once you blog about them :) It's dang cold in Chicago today too, but I'm sure you'll find ways to get your 30 minutes in, indoors. Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck this week! You can most definitely do it!

    ReplyDelete