Monday, February 10, 2014

Accountability

To get my flabby ass whipped into shape, I need help with my accountability.

When I only have myself to check in with, it's extremely easy to lose control.  Right when I needed it most, someone I went to high school with, formed an accountability group on Facebook.  I signed up right when I saw it!  

The creator of this little group, is an accountant by day, and a Team Beachbody coach by night/in her free time.  Her group is a 7-Day challenge, free to join, and she has created a meal plan for everyone to follow.  Besides following her meal plan, she is asking everyone to get in at least 30 minutes of exercise a day.  She also gives us little challenges to complete such as 20s planks, and 60s strength moves. 

 Everyday, the participants need to check in on Facebook and let the rest of the group know you have finished your exercise and challenge for the day.  If it starts getting late, and you have not yet checked in, the creator sends you a little reminder.  This is exactly what I need at the moment.  I need the little reminders, and the set meal plan.  I need the structure and the support.


Fitnasty for Life

I am also linking up with the adorable Carolyn  to set some goals this week.

1.  Follow the 7-Day challenge meal plan as closely as possible.
I am trying to follow the meal plan as closely as I can, but I am allowing a few changes.  For example, I am not supposed to drink coffee for the next 7 days, but I am still having a cup each morning.  I do not need the coffee, but I've created a little morning ritual that I am not willing to give up.  I like to get my coffee when I wake up, return to bed, read for a while and slowly savor the warm goodness of the java.  It's a nice start to the day, and I know I could drink tea instead, but I gotta have the coffee :)

2.  Floss.  Everyday.
I floss a couple times a week, but I really need to get into the habit of doing it daily.  In a few weeks, I have a teeth cleaning appointment, and I want my dentist to be impressed with my super healthy gums, and mad flossing skills.

3.  Run twice this week.
It is supposed to be in the high 20's a couple days this week.  I think that is warm enough to brave the cold and get some runs in.  If I am going to run the Madison Half again, I need to start seriously training very soon!

What are your goals this week?  Link up with us, and share!

1 comment:

  1. Accountability is everything! Heck, even just blogging about it (especially hosting the goals linkup!) definitely keeps me in check. I think those are great and realistic goals for the week-- good luck!

    ReplyDelete