Monday, February 17, 2014

Challenge Results & Goals

Happy Monday, everyone!

Yesterday was the last day of my 7-Day Slim Down Challenge, and I took a lot away from the challenge.  Not only did I take away knowledge, but I took away 3lbs!  After abstaining from the scale for the entire week, which was probably the toughest part of the challenge, I finally got to weigh in this morning.  

Last Monday when the challenge started, I was 175.8 and today I weighed in at 172.8!  Woohoo!

I enjoyed this week-long challenge so much, that I am following it again this week.

A few times during the past week, I had slip ups with the meal plan, i.e. popcorn, beer, wine, going out to lunch with a friend and getting a wrap and french fries, having steak on Valentine's Day, and 4 thin mint cookies...  I am hoping that if I follow the meal plan even more closely this week, don't cheat as much, and amp up my workouts, I will have even better results than this past week.

Now, goal time.

Fitnasty for Life

Last week, these were my 3 goals:

Floss.  Every damn day - Nailed it! I even flossed twice one day!

Follow the meal plan as closely as possible - I did fairly well, but you can see my cheats above.  Since I still had a great loss, I'm considering this a win.

Run twice - Nope. Huge failure.  The "heatwave" that was supposed to hit my area never happened.  We barely made it into the 20's, and it snowed.  It's currently snowing, and we're supposed to get 4-6"...  

Goals for this week:

Develop a half marathon training plan - I signed up to run my 4th half marathon in May so I need to get my booty running again and start training.

Follow my challenge meal plan to the T Monday-Friday, with the except of a little wine... - Nick and I are going out of town this weekend to visit friends so I am not going to be able to meticulously follow the meal plan of the weekend.  I will try to choose options close to it though while we're away. I just opened a bottle of wine on Saturday, and only had a glass.  I would kind of like to finish it instead of waste it...but only 6oz at a time!

Stretch for 20 minutes 3 times - my muscles are sore from all my workouts and I'm not as flexible as I used to be...pretty self explanatory. 

Link up with the stellar Carolyn and share YOUR goals!





1 comment:

  1. Good for you! Great job on losing 3 pounds. I have never ever lost more than 2 and that's rare.

    ReplyDelete