Wednesday, September 28, 2016

What's Up Wednesday

Double post today!

I have decided to join my first link up since my return to blogging.

It was a lot of fun reading the various posts for the What's Up Wednesday link-up hosted by Shay, Mel and Sheaffer, and finding some great new blogs to read! 

So much fun that I have decided to share my answers and link up!


WHAT WE'RE EATING THIS WEEK...Monday night, I made this DELICIOUS chicken and broccoli casserole from Yummy Healthy Easy. Simple, tasty, and healthy.  Add it to your menu next week, seriously.

Photo from Yummy Healthy Easy website
Last night, we met friends to play trivia at a local brewery so we just had Quiznos.  Tonight is my stepdad's birthday so we will going to dinner with my parents.

Thursday, I am busting out the crock pot and making this beauty. I have made this before and it is yummy! This time, I bought a smoked apple-wood pork tenderloin so it will be extra delicious.

Photo from All That Glitters website
Friday we have rehearsal and dinner for my brother's wedding, and Saturday is the BIG day and we will be having the wedding dinner and lots of wedding cake :)

WHAT I'M REMINISCING ABOUT...our anniversary trip to Europe. For our first anniversary in June, my husband and I took a two week trip to Europe.  We visited London, Brussels, Amsterdam, Munich, Venice, Florence, Pisa, and Rome. Monday, I finally transferred all our pictures from my phone to our laptop so we can print an album.  Going through the pictures again brought back a lot of great memories.  I'll share a few with you.

Canal in Amsterdam

Market Square in Brussels

Big Ben & London Eye

View of Florence from Piazzale Michelangelo 

Neuschwanstein

Platform 9 3/4 at the Warner Brothers Harry Potter set outside of London

View of Rome from atop the Vatican

Ponte Chiodo in Venice
WHAT I'M LOVING...iced coffee.  Even though the temps are dropping, I cannot get enough iced coffee lately.  Hot coffee has NO appeal at the moment.  I'm sure once the temperatures dip into the 40's and lower, I'll be changing my mind.


WHAT WE'VE BEEN UP TO...Nick and I bought a new house in June and have slowly been making it ours.  The house is only 15 years old, but the previous owners didn't take the best care of it so we have been working on repairs, painting, and decorating to make it our own.

WHAT I'M DREADING...sub-zero Wisconsin winter that will soon be upon us...Winter is coming. House Stark knows what's up.

WHAT I'M WORKING ON... Two things. 
1. Paring down my reading list.  I am currently reading/listening to 8 books!  Instead of picking up another book when I finish one, I just need to finish another I am currently in the middle of and get back down to only 1 or 2 at a time. 
2. Myself. If you read my previous posts, you will see that I am trying to lose some weight and get back to healthy.  Over the summer, I tend to indulge in too much picnic foods and alcohol and let myself go. Working on getting back on track, working out, and cleaning up my diet.

WHAT I'M EXCITED ABOUT...My eldest brother is getting married this Saturday!

WHAT I'M WATCHING/READING...I don't watch much TV, but we have talked about starting Game of Thrones.  I have read the books, but have yet to watch the series.  As for reading, like I said above, eight different books :)  

1. Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling
2. Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
My husband is not a reader and only read the first three HP books when he was in middle school.  He enjoys the movies, and I am an avid reader, so we decided I should read them to him...lol. I had no idea reading out loud would be so tough, but I really get into it and even do different voices for each character :)
3. The Drowned World by J.G. Ballard
4. The String Diaries by Stephen Lloyd Jones (audiobook)
5. The Likeness by Tana French
6. Fates and Furies by Lauren Groff
7. The Dark Tower by Stephen King (audiobook)
8. The Secrets of the Glass by Donna Russo Morin

WHAT I'M LISTENING TO...currently, Pandora in my office.  Also, two audiobooks listed above.

WHAT I'M WEARING...Fall temps have me busting out rolled skinny jeans with my suede booties.  I bought these last year, and only wore them once...wahwahwah... They are so cute, and I vow to wear them tons over the next few weeks!


WHAT I'M DOING THIS WEEKEND...as mentioned above, it's my brother's wedding on Saturday! I am in the wedding party, as is Nick, and it is going to be so much fun! I am ready to dance, laugh, and probably shed a few tears...wedding always get me, and c'mon, my big brother is finally getting married!

WHAT I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT MONTH...my twin nieces first birthday, our last big family camping trip to Wyalusing, Fall and Halloween decorations, the leaves changing colors, and pumpkiny-cinnamony-fall smells! 

WHAT ELSE IS NEW...It's a very exciting time in my life because...Nick and I are trying to get pregnant! When it happens, it will be our first child. We are beyond excited for the future, but also slightly terrified which is par for the course, of course :) I have already been blowing up my Wee Ones Someday board on Pinterest :):):)

BONUS QUESTION: WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FALL FOOD...homemade soups, squash anything, and peppermint desserts!




No comments:

Post a Comment