Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Beastmode


Workout:

3.5 mile run on treadmill – 34:52

30 minute walking 3.5 MPH at 4% incline

25 minutes on upright bike – 6.6 miles

Tonight, I turned on my BEASTMODE! 

Today sucked at work.  I was extremely busy, but didn't have the time to work on my own work.  Our new employee started today, and I had to train her, so I didn't have time to do my own stuff.  After a busy, stressful day, the last thing I wanted to do was go to the gym.  I finally forced myself to go around 8, and didn't stop moving until 10. 

My run started rough.  I began compromising with myself immediately.  After the first mile, I had myself convinced I would just run 2 tonight, which is my workout for tomorrow, and run the 3.5 miles tomorrow instead.  Once I reached mile 2 though, I realized I was just fine, and in reality was just being a huge baby.  I pumped up my speed from 5.9 to 6.2, and flew….well, I consider that flying since I’m kind of slow runner… Over the last 1.5 miles, my speed continued to increase, and I ended with an all out sprint at 7.5 MPH.  BEASTMODE! 

I felt fantabuloso after my killer run, and decided to keep the ol’ ticker pumping.  I did my usual brisk cool-down, inclined walk, and ended my night at the gym with a ride on the upright.
It’s now almost 10:30, and I feel jacked!  Gotta love those endorphins!  Even though I’m wide awake, I need to wash my stanky self, and get to bed.  If I don’t get my zzzzs, I’ll be a scary zombie tomorrow.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by!

No comments:

Post a Comment