Friday, March 15, 2013

Rest Day


Yesterday’s Workout:
45 minutes strength training
2 mile run on treadmill – 19:47
Today’s Workout:
Rest day, but I took the woofers for a 30 minute walk
Yesterday, I went to the gym for my strength class and my 2 mile run.  Low and behold, I was the only one to show up for the class, so I ended up getting a one-on-one personal training session instead!  It was pretty awesome.  I like to do my strength reps slowly and fluidly, and it seems like I’m always getting behind by a rep in class because everyone else goes so quickly.  Since it was just me yesterday, I got to go at my own pace, which may I say, the instructor was impressed with.  He said going slowly shows discipline, and is tougher/works the muscles better because you’re hold the tension longer.  It was great working one-on-one with the instructor because he showed me more enhanced moves, and how to carry out each move in a more precise manner so I will get better results.  I was also able to ask a lot of questions without having to worry about interrupting the entire class.
Yesterday’s run went really well.  I felt great, but I unfortunately got stuck on the treadmill that’s situated right in front of the clock.  I always cover the treadmill screen with a towel so I don’t stare at the distance or time, but I couldn’t avoid the clock on the wall that was right in front of my face.  I just tried to concentrate on my breathing and strides to take my mind of the ticking minute hand.
Since today is a rest day, and I've been killing it this week a t the gym, I'm taking full advantage of a day off.  Besides the walk this morning with the pups, I've just been relaxing, which included a marvelous bubble bath.  Now it's time to get back to snuggling with these love bugs...
naughty

No comments:

Post a Comment