Friday, March 15, 2013

Kale Chips


Workout:
3 mile run on treadmill – 31:27
30 minute walking 3.5 mph at 4% incline
My run tonight was a little difficult.  I wanted so badly to stop at 2 miles, which is my workout for tomorrow, and just do 3 tomorrow instead, but I sucked it up and stuck with it.  I’m not sure what my deal was, but my breathing was so off, and I felt like I was constantly gasping.  Thankfully, I listen to my IPod when I run, so I couldn’t really hear my crazy, erratic breathing.
Last night, I attempted to make kale chips for the first time.  I was super pumped to make these babies because I have heard such great things about them.  Unfortunately, mine sucked.  Well, they tasted ok, but just ok, and were not anything like a “chip”.  I think I had too much “dressing” to my kale ratio.  I love balsamic vinegar so I decided to make balsamic kale chips from a recipe I found here.  My chips were soggy, and would not crisp up, so there had to be too much liquid for the amount of kale I used.  Also, the only kale I could find at my grocery store was pre-chopped, and the leaves were quite small.  I thought that since the leaves were so small, I would have to keep an extra watchful eye on them so they wouldn't burn up.  I was wrong.  Oh well, I’ll just have to experiment, and figure out what works best.
Even though the kale chips were not a total success tonight, I am going to count the effort of making them as one of my “try something new” items in March.  I still have plenty of kale left so I’ll definitely be giving it another shot soon.
Thanks for taking the time to stop by.

No comments:

Post a Comment