Saturday, March 23, 2013

Outdoor Run


Workout:

3.77 mile run – 36:33

Ahhhhh, my first outdoor run of the season!  Today reaffirmed why I enjoy running. Running on a treadmill can be boring, tedious, exhausting, mind numbing…enter any not so positive verb you prefer…but running outside is a whole different experience.  There is more to look at than the same wall so your mind doesn’t focus on the difficulties of running.   

I was extremely nervous for my run today because I had no idea how it was going to go.  I have not run outside at all since September, and after running so much on the treadmill, I was worried I would have a crappy run.  After barely eking out 10 minute miles on the treadmill, I ran 9:41 miles outside.  I definitely need to stretch a little before running outside tomorrow.  Since it was 34 degrees, my muscles weren’t as loose as they normally are in the climate controlled gym.  After the first 2 miles, I felt like I couldn’t extend my legs to their full stride very well.

Something I still need to get the hang of is dressing for cold weather running. I ALWAYS end up wearing too much, and getting extremely hot. You think I would have it figured out by now, but nope, I still don’t.  I’m just such a big baby about that initial cold that I always put on something too heavy.  Tomorrow, I’ll just have to keep it in my mind that I’ll be more than toasty after the first few minutes.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Thanks for taking the time to stop by.

No comments:

Post a Comment