Friday, November 1, 2013

101 in 1001

To commemorate my 101st (!!) post, I made myself a list of 101 things to do in 1001 days.

Today is the official first day so the end date will be July 29, 2016.  July is my birthday month, and I will actually be turning 29 in 2016...sometimes it is eerie how numbers work out.

Many items on this list coincide with my 30 by 30 list which is great since I will have less than a year to complete that list once I finish this one.

I thought it was difficult coming up with 30 things, so it was extremely tough compiling this list!

There are a lot of things I have been putting off (getting my wisdom teeth out, running a marathon, buying a new coat, etc) so I am excited to get cracking and get things done!

I need to do #57 asap so that is probably the first one I will get started on!

1.     Pay off my SM student loan.
2.     Pay off my ACS student loan.
3.     Owe less than $10,000 on my car.
4.     Save $10 for each task I complete from this list.
5.     Meet with a TIAA financial advisor to make sure my retirement fund is building as it should.
6.     Get Nick’s old textbook listed on Amazon in an attempt to make some money.
7.     Open a joint checking account with Nick that will go towards bills.
8.     Run a marathon.
9.     Run a sub 2:00 half marathon.
10.   Run a sub 30 5K.
11.   Run a race in a different state
12.   Complete the Conquer the Capital Challenge.
13.   Run in a Rock and Roll half marathon
14.   Start doing yoga.
15.   Run at least 1,000 miles.
16.   Get my weight into the 150’s, and keep it there!
17.   Run at least 1 race, any distance, each month for an entire year.
18.   Work on my muscle definition, i.e. abs and arms.
19.   Do Jillian Michaels’ 30 Day Shred.
20.   Complete 150 Miles in 15 Weeks challenge.
21.   Complete Jamie Eason’s LiveFit 12 week program.
22.   Go to an actual running store to buy new running shoes.
23.   Get my wisdom teeth removed.
24.   Get two moles checked out/removed.
25.   Volunteer with Habitat for Humanity regularly.
26.   Donate Blood.
27.   Spend an entire day with my nephew.
28.   Buy Christmas presents for a family in need, or donate to Operation Toy Drive.
29.   Volunteer on the Ice Age Trail to help keep trails maintained.
30.   Pay for the person behind me in a drive thru, coffee shop, etc.
31.   Go through my books and clothing, and donate what I no longer need/want.
32.   Build wall to wall bookshelves in the lower living room.
33.   Set up a more welcoming entryway.
34.   Finishing sewing the quilt I started over a year ago, by hand.
35.   Build a nice patio/fire pit area in our backyard.
36.   Make menu and weekly task boards.
37.   Do the painting for our bedroom that I have had planned for months.
38.   Rearrange our bedroom, and create a reading space for myself.
39.   Get a hotel in Madison for a night so I can take Nick to all my favorite college hang outs.
40.   Go to the Chazen Art Museum with Nick.
41.   Have romantic picnic dinner in front of our fireplace.
42.   Have family pictures taken with the dogs.
43.   Take an out of state trip with just Nick.
44.   Go on a girl’s weekend trip with just Anna.
45.   Host a major holiday at our house for our family.
46.   Get engaged. (C’Mon, Nick!)
47.   Make Christmas cookies with Nick’s mom and grandma.
48.   Bake my own bread.
49.   Start a garden, or join a CSA.
50.   Make a pie from scratch.
51.   Make homemade pasta.
52.   Make sushi.
53.   Try 15 new kinds of beer.
54.   Try 15 new kinds of wine.
55.   Take everything out of our kitchen cupboards and fridge, clean, and reorganize.
56.   Learn to drive a manual vehicle.
57.   Write myself a letter and open it in 1001 days.
58.   Write encouraging notes to strangers and put them in places to be found such as library books.
59.   Alphabetize my books by author, then title, once I have my bookshelves built.
60.   Read 5 books in Spanish.
61.   Meet a blogging friend in person.
62.   Send 10 letters/cards to friends, just because I am thinking of them.
63.   Have Tyler and Amy over again for drinks on the patio.
64.   Find out my blood type.
65.   Join a book club.
66.   Send a letter to a favorite author.
67.   Just get in the car with Nick, and drive.  Find a town we have never been and spend the day touring it.
68.   Ride a horse.
69.   Tube down the Sugar River.
70.   Go canoeing.
71.   Find a Spanish speaking pen pal to practice my Spanish writing and reading comprehension.
72.   Have an entire conversation in Spanish.
73.   Have a wine night with my stepmom.
74.   Go skiing.
75.   Lay outside under the stars with Nick.
76.   Go sledding.
77.   Finally use our free movie passes.
78.   Read 5 books pertaining to food/nutrition/health.
79.   Read 10 memoires/biographies/histories/non-fictional books.
80.   Get new glasses.
81.   Get another tattoo.
82.   Buy a new winter coat.
83.   Complete the series of books I have at home, such as:  Stephen King’s Gunslinger, Charlaine Harris’             Sookie Stackhouse, Philippa Gregory, Anne Rice’s Vampire Chronicles and Mayfair Witches, Terry             Brooks, etc.
84.   Go to 10 new restaurants.
85.   Have a spa day with a friend or my mom.
86.   Go to a state I have never been to.
87.   Spend the weekend in Chicago with Nick.
88.   Spend a weekend in Milwaukee with Nick.
89.   Go on a cruise.
90.   Get my first pedicure.
91.   Buy a king sized bed.
92.   Buy a new computer.
93.   Subscribe to Runner’s World magazine.
94.   Get gel inserts for my flats.
95.   Buy a German textbook
96.   Finish watching Dexter.
97.   Finish watching Breaking Bad.
98.   Watch 10 classic movies.
99.   See a ballet performance.
100. See an opera performance.
101. Go to Country Fest again.

Have a good weekend, ya'll!


2 comments:

  1. Great list! I love stuff like this. I'm past 30 and 40 is too far away. I may just have to copy your idea of 101 in 1001.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was a fun list to make, you should definitely do it!

      Delete