Thursday, November 14, 2013

An Adorable (!) LinkUp

Get ready for some freakin' cuteness overload with this linkup!! 

This new linkup is called, "Pets are People Too" and is hosted by Jade and Oak and Karly Kim.  It is a fun way to learn about other blogger's pets, and see a TON of cute pictures.  If you're an animal lover, check it out! 


Jade and Oak

If you have been reading this blog for more than a day, you should already know that I have two furbabies of my own, Molly and Skittles.  They are two kookie little dogs that we treat like our children.  We even bought a Burley bike trailer so we can take our dogs on bike rides with us...Yes, we are THOSE people, and damn proud of it!

The proof...

First up, Molly Elizabeth McGoo.

Molly is my sweet, old, baby-girl.  She is an 11 year old fox terrier.

Molly was actually originally my brother Dusty's dog when he adopted her from the Dane County Humane Society in 2007.  Dusty's wife is from New Zealand, and they made the decision to move back to New Zealand for awhile after my niece was born.  They did not know how long they would be gone, so they did not want to go through the process of taking an animal into another country.  My parents offered to keep Molly until they returned to the U.S. because they just couldn't see this lovebug back in a shelter.  Plus, she had already been in all our lives for about 2 years, and no one wanted her to go!

 During my 2008 fall semester of college, I opted to live at home with  my parents because I was studying aboard during the Spring 2009 semester, and did not want to have to deal with finding a sub-leaser for my apartment while I was out of the country.  Molly and I bonded over the next 4ish months, and I cried when I had to leave her behind.  When I got back from Italy 5 months later, this little pooch was BEYOND excited to see me, and I cried all over again.

About a month after I returned from studying abroad, Dusty and Kate returned from NZ.  They saw how close Molly and I had become over the year they were away, and they decided she was my dog.  She still gets uber excited to see Dusty and Kate, but she knows who her momma is now.

I've had my Molly-Monster (Nick's father's favorite nickname for her) for over 4 years!  She has seen me at my best, and at my worst, and yet she still loves me.  Molly has snuggled with me while I've cried, and ran around the house with me when I was excited.  She hates baths and the scent of oranges, but loves sleeping under the covers and going camping.


Furbaby #2, Skittles Marie McGee

Nick and I bought this little naughty baby as a puppy.  We bought her on 11/11/12, so we have had her for just over a year.  I call her naughty all the time, but it reality, she's a great dog!  Skittles was so easy to train, that it still blows my mind.  After having her for less than a week, she was already potty-trained, and starting to learn sit.  Nick and I are lucky in that neither of our dogs need to be on leashes.  They always go on leashes when we go for walks, but when we're just outside in our yard, or at someone else's house, they don't need them.  We were worried about trusting Skittles without a lease, but she had a good role model, and always just stuck by Molly's side.

Skittles is one of the quirkiest little dogs I have ever met.  She has just a distinct, silly, personality.  Her favorite activities include parkouring, running with mommy, and snuggling.  She hates wearing her sweater and when you make fun of her when she toots...I call her Princess Tooty Butt and she gets the saddest look on her face.  I feel a little guilty that I am shaming her, but it's just so darn cute and funny!  

Most of time, Skittles drives old Molly crazy, but deep down, I know Molly loves her little sister.  If another dog gives Skittles any grief, Molly is there in an instant to back her up.  


Our little Skittles and Molly mean the world to Nick and I, and we wouldn't trade them for anything!


1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness - they are both SO cute! thanks so much for sharing and linking up with us :)
    -- jackie @ jade and oak

    ReplyDelete