Thursday, November 14, 2013

Picking Up the Pace

button

Hello, my friends!  

So far this week, I have already gone on three runs.  They may be just over a mile each time, but I am still running!!  What I am most proud of this week, is that fact that my pace and overall time are getting faster each day.  This morning, I saw a 9:06 mile time, and an average page of 8:58! Seeing this improvement is highly encouraging, and makes me excited to start training for another race. 

I am pretty much all out booking it on these short little runs so once I start upping my mileage, I know I may not be able to maintain the same pace.  Truthfully, I am totally fine with that.  These short runs are giving me the confidence that I should be able to run a few miles comfortably at a 10:00/mile pace.  Basically where I was when I stopped running in August.  

By not running for a few months, I thought I had really set myself back.  According to the numbers though, I will be just fine :)
  
I may have taken a hiatus from running, but I'm getting back in game!!


Monday - 11/11/13 (I couldn't find my Garmin so I just had to use runningahead)
Tuesday - 11/12/13
Today - 11/14/13

-----------------------
26.77/150
1.14 Mile Run - 10:13
1.34 Mile Walk with Dogs - 22:27
596/2000
6.19/15


3 comments: