Tuesday, November 5, 2013

So Many Things

Get ready for something big!

This morning, I finally went running for the first time since August 17, 2013!!!

Since this blog is supposed to be about running, and a healthy lifestyle, I figured I should probably start running again....

My run was a little pathetic since it was only 1.11 miles.  But, after not running for almost 3(!) months, running has gotten a little bit tough for me.  I decided to start super easy, as not to discourage myself if I didn't do well, and just run 1 mile for a week, or maybe two.  I'll evaluate how I feel after this, and will then decide to add more mileage, or stick with the mile for another week.

My goal with running such a short distance, is to just get my body accustomed to running again.  Get my lungs used to consistent breathing while running.  Getting my knees and legs ready to carry the extra 10lbs I've put on since August.  Even though I only ran just over a mile, I pushed myself.  I finished in 10:28 with an average pace of 9:26.

I'll be honest, for only 1.11 miles, it was a tough run.  With my plan though, it will only get easier!




In other news, I have started working on my 101 in 1001 list.

31.  Go through my books and clothing, and donate what I no longer need/want. 

Check!  I donated 2 grocery bags of clothing, and 53 books.  For anyone that knows me, the fact that I     got rid of  a handful of books is a big deal!  Yes, 53 is a just a handful for me.

Just a portion of living room that was used during the sorting...
53.  Try 15 new kinds of beer. (I am by no means a beer connoisseur. I just like to drink it)

I had New Belgium Brewery's Coconut Curry Hefeweizen last night.  This is what NBB's website says       about it,  "The aroma is bold and big with coconut and curry tones and a hint of banana from the hefe         yeast.  With a vast spice list of cinnamon, coriander, fenugreek, ginger, kaffir lime, and cayenne pepper       this beer carries a bit of heat but the alcohol soothes the finish.  Coconut Curry Hefe will leave an           inquisitive smile on the drinker's mug."

I didn't think it was spicy at all, but you could taste a lot of cinnamon in the after taste.  I had a piece of       cheesecake while I was drinking the hefe, and the sweetness of the cheesecake really brought out the           sweetness of the banana/hefe yeast.  An interesting beer that I wouldn't mind having again.



54.  Try 15 new kinds of wine.  (Once again, not a wine connoisseur.)

Over the weekend, I had the Little Penguin Pinot Grigio.  Not going to lie, I only bought it because the         bottle was super cute!  I love penguins so this little beauty easily caught my eye is the grocery store.  It         was cheap too, $5.99, but it was also really good!  The pinot grigio had a nice light, not too sweet, crisp       flavor.  I know most white wines are best when chilled, but I had this one at room temperature.  It had a       great taste, and I would think that chilling it would have brought out the sweetness a little more.  I liked         this wine, and I'm excited to try some of their other flavors.  


82.  Buy a new winter coat.

 I have had the same winter coat since high school!!  When exactly I first got it, I cannot remember, but I        have had it for far too long, and it has seen better days.

Exhibit A:  Freshman year of college circa 2005

Exhibit B:  Thanksgiving 2012


Right there is 7 years with the same coat.  Besides having at least 7 years of grime and dirt washed out of it, and the fact that it was slowly falling apart, there really wasn't anything wrong with the red beauty.  I have been saying for past two winters though that I should get a new coat.  This weekend, I finally did. 

I got a lime green ski jacket from Burlington Coat Factory for $39.99!  It was a fricken steal!  The jacket has an inner fleece lining and outer shell that can be detached from one another and the sleeve are nice and long, and actually go over my hands a little bit.  Since I'm tall, I have a lot of issues with finding pants that are long enough, and long sleeves, like sweatshirts and coats, and have long enough sleeves.  The coat also has a removable hood which is great for when I forget my hat!

--------------------
18.97/150
1.11 Mile Run
.70 Mile Walk w/Dogs



        


No comments:

Post a Comment